• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,908 posts in this topic

I got one long box of copper/modern D.C. For sale starting Tuesday night and a few slabs

1st apps, Adam Hughes, some New 52, some Harley, some Dcu, some cool variants, really something for everyone

please stop by, the sale will be at least tues and we'd, might roll over to Thursday too.

thanks

21 hours ago, revat said:

I got one long box of copper/modern D.C. For sale starting Tuesday night and a few slabs

1st apps, Adam Hughes, some New 52, some Harley, some Dcu, some cool variants, really something for everyone

please stop by, the sale will be at least tues and we'd, might roll over to Thursday too.

thanks

for those interested, we're starting TONIGHT (tues) sometime between 930-10pm eastern.

These will be back from CGC sometime today and will scan and post if I have time.

Brave and Bold #81  9.2 ow/w  $175

Captain Marvel #18 9.8 ow/w   $1400 (only 3 in grade)
Captain Marvel #19 9.6 white  $175
Captain Marvel #21 9.4 white  $140
Captain Marvel #24 9.2 white  $60
Captain Marvel #29 9.2 ow/w   $90
Captain Marvel #30 9.0 white  $40
Captain Marvel #31 9.2 white  $80
Captain Marvel #32 9.4 white  $95

X-men #266 9.4 white  $110

Steve

I hope to be having a slab sale tonight, all Golden Age, about 8:30 EST. 

Included will be, an Action comic, some Batmans, Detectives (one Joker cover), a Fight, some Timelys, a Blue Bolt, a pre Mary Marvel Wow, a Comic Cavalcade and some other surprises.

I'm still deciding, lol. I have about 15 books so far.

Anyway, stop by, have a cookie and say hi;)

Coming some time today (barring disaster) -- the sales thread called "I Gotta Be Nuts!"

From Silver to Copper, there will be digests, paperbacks, photo covers, general screwiness. We're talking the kinda stuff where 9 out of 10 say "who the heck wants that?" And the 10th person pulls the trigger instantly. Nothing overly expensive, but some stuff hard to find and all of it fun and wacky. Definitely for niche collectors; come see if yours is represented.

Watch Mixed Threads for it; come hang out with me and the TMNT, Batman, Barbie, the Partridge Family, the MLJ heroes, Archie and others! :insane: (Official emoji of this very special, highly questionable, fully demented, extremely fun sales thread!)

On 8/12/2017 at 8:54 PM, asteroid-comix said:

I am searching for books, but so far...I ain't found mess.

A couple days. I'll message you Randall. :headbang:

Saturday at 9 PM EST. Hundred or so books, mostly raw, mostly high grade, mostly semi keys.

Got a small batch of books that I will be posting for sale soon. PM me if you have any interest.

Amazing Spider-Man #93 CGC 9.6 White (1st app. Arthur Stacey, Prowler app.)
DC Comics Presents #26 CGC 9.8 White (1st New Teen Titans)
Incredible Hulk #4 CGC 8.0 OWW
Incredible Hulk #122 CGC 9.8 White (Thing battle issue)
Man-Thing #1 CGC 9.8 White (1974, 2nd app. Howard The Duck)
X-men #109 CGC 9.8 White

I'm gonna have small tpb sale tonight, about 20 books, mostly $1 each but a few nicer/rarer ones too.

check out copper/modern. this evening. thanks.

Based the success of our previous Auction for a Children's Hospital, found here:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/420960-closed-captain-atom-1-45-auction-for-charity-ends-831-11pm-eastern/?tab=comments#comment-9901106

An anonymous donor has asked me to host another similar auction for the same charity, and that will start later today Friday, and end on Thursday, Sept 7.  So be on the lookout for that later today in copper/modern

I'm going to be holding a sale clearing out 2+ longboxes of RUNS, Lots, Multiples at blowout prices, mostly copper.

The sale will take place in copper/modern on Saturday and Monday. 

It will not be just be junk, there will be some decent stuff (and some junk, but it'll be cheap).

SOme samples:

IMG_8750.jpg

IMG_8779.jpg

IMG_8789.jpg

IMG_8811.jpg

IMG_8797.jpg

IMG_8808.jpg

Probably start around noonish or early afternoon east coast time.  thanks.

On 8/11/2017 at 5:28 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

This might be a little early for the announcement, but my next sale is going to be so large, I want everyone -- in particular, those who have been steady buyers from me over the years -- to have enough of a heads-up to have their anticipation built up for it and be ready when it comes. :devil:

A sale that will likely encompass close to 2000 books is coming, likely in the middle of September.  Half of it will be Silver/Bronze, the other half Copper with the occasional Modern thrown in.  The older books will be a lot of affordable lower-mid-grade to mid-grade, with some higher grade stuff tossed in.  There will be a LOT of keys, and hopefully all will be in a price range that will make it easy for people to pull the trigger.

This is the result of a collection I picked up on consignment, and a mixture of my own offerings thrown into the mix.  More than 90% will be books that have never been in a sales thread before that I've run (or will be different copies, if I've offered the issue before).  There should be something for everyone -- so keep an eye out here and in the individual forum announcement threads for when the sale is nearing (I'm 75% through the grading/rebagging portion now, so I'm hoping I'll be able to start scanning soon).  I'll be glad to answer an PM's about the sale, but I will not be selling anything ahead of time, as to give everyone a chance to grab something from the sale. :foryou:

Here's a quick preview of some of the mores sought after books you'll find:

5U7jeX4l.jpg

n5txbe6l.jpg

V09VOvJl.jpg

Hope to see everyone there in a few weeks! :foryou:

Quick update -- pretty much all of the books have been graded (18 short boxes). More minor keys have been uncovered along the way as well than what was pictured at first.  Scanning of said books begins this week, so I'm hoping for a next Monday (September 11) start for the sale.  If the scanning goes slower than expected (due to work and fantasy football drafts), then the sale should be no later than Monday, September 18. 

Quick look at the books, ready to head to some of you hopefuly ASAP.  PM's are welcomed ahead of time, but no pre-sales of anything in fairness to everyone.

Hope to see everyone there!

TnQjSwpl.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan

On 8/23/2017 at 9:44 PM, asteroid-comix said:

Saturday at 9 PM EST. Hundred or so books, mostly raw, mostly high grade, mostly semi keys.

I got a bit sidetracked with work. However, I will be starting up tonight between 8 and 8:30. This is my first sales thread on the new boards, so doing something fun. 200 or so books, some keys, lots of nice grades, some raw and some graded. All at prices that date back to the old board...should be fun.

I'm gonna have a SMALL Walking Dead sale this afternoon/evening.  Like 15 books I think?

Most of them raw Issues 6-19, a slab in the 30's, and couple more randos.

On 9/1/2017 at 8:04 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

Quick update -- pretty much all of the books have been graded (18 short boxes). More minor keys have been uncovered along the way as well than what was pictured at first.  Scanning of said books begins this week, so I'm hoping for a next Monday (September 11) start for the sale.  If the scanning goes slower than expected (due to work and fantasy football drafts), then the sale should be no later than Monday, September 18. 

Quick look at the books, ready to head to some of you hopefuly ASAP.  PM's are welcomed ahead of time, but no pre-sales of anything in fairness to everyone.

TnQjSwpl.jpg

Due to fantasy football drafts and an unfortunate health scare with my dad, I'm pushing the start of the sale to the September 18th date, as I fell behind in getting things scanned.  Hope to see everyone next Monday! 

Tomorrow at around 10 am, I'll be listing some raw, un pressed, un anythinged, GA books. Mostly DC, but there will be at least 1 Timely, and I'm not sure what else. 

Lovely low grade Golden Age, readable copies;)

Cookies or brownies on request;)

and I'm wishing EVERYONE in Florida, health and safety.:wishluck:

On 9/1/2017 at 8:04 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

TnQjSwpl.jpg

On 9/8/2017 at 4:23 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

Due to fantasy football drafts and an unfortunate health scare with my dad, I'm pushing the start of the sale to the September 18th date, as I fell behind in getting things scanned.  Hope to see everyone next Monday! 

It's official -- my sale will be starting at 7:00 PM CST on Monday.  Plenty of keys, and a mixture of high-grade, mid-grade, and lower grade, including lots and freebies. Not all of the books are scanned yet -- I'll be working on doing that in my spare time while working the weekend and on Monday -- but I have plenty to get the ball rolling.  Hope to see you all there on Monday! :foryou:

Edited by ChiSoxFan

I have about (60) Silver/Bronze Age Signature Series books that I will start posting for sale this afternoon, some great signatures including Joe Simon, Joe Kubert & many more plus a super cool surprise book.

Should be firing up the thread about 2pm...