• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,908 posts in this topic

(Waves  at  Sky  and  GA)

Time  to  put  up   a  little   competition  for  the  money  in  the  room!

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA    returns  this  evening,     sometime  around  7  PM  EDT,  with   several  Torchys,    a  bit of  PCH   and  crime,  vintage  romance,  
couple  of  minor   Matt  Bakers,    some  Golden  Age, teen  humor,   etc.   A  nice mixed  grille,    running  from  tonight  through  Tuesday  evening.

Limber up  those  "REFRESH"  fingers!

I was planning a Batman/Detective thread tonight at 7:30, but I have jury duty at the crack of dawn tomorrow and it's a longish drive, so on the advice of a friend who is obviously smarter than I am;) I'm going to cancel it for a date to be named later;) (I was not going to cancel, but he's right;) 

In copper/modern TONIGHT WEDNESDAY!!! 

I will be having a NUMBER ONE SALE - All #1 issues or 1st appearances.  Marvel, DC, and Indy. A few hardcover or tpb's as well.  You won't regret it, stop on by.

Stuff I can think of off the top of my head - 1st apps of Domino, Xforce, Xfactor, Bishop, Jubilee, silver sable, alpha flight, new warriors, x23, any many more.  And a million #1's as well.

Stop on by, we'll start somewhere between 830-930 eastern.  thanks.

On 4/2/2018 at 6:38 PM, skypinkblu said:

I was planning a Batman/Detective thread tonight at 7:30, but I have jury duty at the crack of dawn tomorrow and it's a longish drive, so on the advice of a friend who is obviously smarter than I am;) I'm going to cancel it for a date to be named later;) (I was not going to cancel, but he's right;) 

OK, off Jury duty, sorry for the delay. The sale will start tomorrow night (Thursday the 5th ) at 7:30 EST. About 25 books, all from the early silver/gold period. I should have a few Wonder Womans added in, both GA books.

Should have these back tomorrow.

Amazing Spider-man #36  9.0 white  $370
Fantastic Four #33  8.5  c/ow  $260
Fear #1  9.0  ow/w  $85
Kull #1  9.6  white  $120
Marvel Feature #1  7.5  ow/w  $125
Marvel Feature #2  8.5  ow/w  $55
Strange Tales #33  8.0  ow/w  $800 (highest graded)
Superman #225  9.6  ow/w  $400

Starting tonight, 7PM Pacific. Running for about a week.

I have 30+ sets/lots/runs/whatever you want to call 'em pulled and ready to go. The majority will be moderns, but there is some bronze and copper sprinkled in. 

I also have more than a dozen freebies, and a few other odds and ends that should eventually make into into the thread.

Thanks for looking!

Just a reminder that the Virtual Comic Convention will be held this weekend (April 21 - 22).

If you are in the neighborhood stop by, and if you are considering starting a sales thread for this weekend, please think about setting up a booth.

See the post in spoilers below for all the VCC details.

Spoiler

VCC April 2018 Banner Large.jpg

VCC XXXIX Hours:
Saturday, April 21, 2018, 10am (ET) - 10pm (ET) - soft close
Sunday, April 22, 2018, 12pm (ET) - 8pm (ET)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the Rules/Tips/FAQs as well as the 2018 VCC Discussion thread for more details on the changes that are occurring to the look and feel of the VCC.
Make certain to bookmark 
The VCC Convention Hall and check us out Saturday April 21, 2018 - Sunday April 22, 2018 right here on the CGC Chat Boards.

Instead of the generic "Aisle I, Aisle II, Aisle III" layout from this past December's show, the VCC for April (21st - 22nd) will be a DC Base of Operation theme. Dealers/Sellers may setup in any one of the four sections provided. They are as follows:

Arkham Asylum.jpg    ARKHAM ASYLUM

Hall of Justice.jpg    HALL OF JUSTICE

Fortress of Solitude.jpg    FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE

Hall of Doom.jpg    HALL OF DOOM

These areas will automatically unlock for Dealer/Seller setup at 8pm on Friday, April 20th. At that time, anyone who wishes to setup a booth may do so in any one of the four areas provided (1 booth per seller please).
If you are unfamiliar with booth setup restrictions, please see the 
Rules, Tips, FAQ Section (linked here) or view past VCCs by searching VCC Archive linked here.

Sales "officially" start when the doors for the VCC open on Saturday, April 21st at 10am

Save the dates everyone... April 21-22, 2018

Also, check out the links in my signature if you are looking for other ways to stay informed of VCC updates and reminders. 

Tomorrow (Thursday) I will be listing the following raw mid grade Thor's for sale from issue 141-164.  Many of the books have a third staple that almost look like they are factory but not sure and almost ALL of them are very glossy and nice inks, but also have some tanning because of storage.

Thor #141 vg/fn

Thor #142 fn/fn+ (small water stain)

Thor #143 vg+

Thor #144 fn/vf 

Thor #145 vg/fn

Thor #146 fn+

Thor #147 vg+

Thor #149 fn+

Thor #150 vf-

Thor #151 fn/fn+

Thor #152 vf-

Thor #153 vf

Thor #154 gd (centerfold detached)

Thor #155 fn- (water stain back cover)

Thor #156 fn- (1 water spot front cover)

Thor #157 fn (light water right edge)

Thor #158 fn/vf

Thor #159 fn/fn+

Thor #160 fn/fn+

Thor #161 fn/fn+

Thor #162 vf-

Thor #163 vf-

Thor #164 fn/vf

Approximately 50 pre-code and early post-code romance books will be offered in GSB. One book now, more each of the next few nights beginning at roughly 10 pm EST (time subject to change; thread placed in GSB with one book live; watch there for timing updates.) Sample handful pictured below. Thanks for checking it out! (thumbsu

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

As soon as I finish up the scanning this afternoon I will be posting these fine CGC slabs for sale:

Mister Miracle 1 CGC 9.4

Avengers 125 8.0

Avengers 125 9.0

Captain Marvel #25 9.4

Captain Marvel #26 9.2

Captain Marvel #28 9.2

Captain Marvel #30 9.6

Captain Marvel #31 9.4

Captain Marvel #33 8.0

Captain Marvel #33 8.5

Captain Marvel #34 8.5

See you soon!

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, DeadOne said:

Just a reminder that the Virtual Comic Convention will be held this weekend (April 21 - 22).

If you are in the neighborhood stop by, and if you are considering starting a sales thread for this weekend, please think about setting up a booth.

Reveal hidden contents

:bump:

Doors have opened for dealer setup. Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow, Saturday, April 21st at 10am (ET) for the start of the show.

13 hours ago, DeadOne said:
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, DeadOne said:

Reveal hidden contents

:bump:

Doors have opened for dealer setup. Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow, Saturday, April 21st at 10am (ET) for the start of the show.

:news:
THE SHOW IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

Click the link below to view VCC XXXIX's INDEX OF SELLERS

The process has begun of selling the unslabbed bronze and copper age comics I bought off the rack from 1972-'76 and '81-'85.  As part of the sell-off, this week I'll begin a sale of select Marvel and DC titles along with a stack of first issues and a few runs of pre-1972 titles bought secondhand back in the seventies.  Runs will include Jungle Action, Captain Marvel, and New Gods, and some minor keys will be offered.

The sale should begin on Wednesday - I'll post here when the day and time are finalized.

Edit: The sale should begin this afternoon (Wednesday), perhaps around 2 pm.

Edited by namisgr

I will be starting up a two part thread tonight, books will include

Batman 62 CGC 5.0
Batman 58 CGC 5.5
Journey Into Mystery 6 CGC 4.5
Menace 1 CGC 5.0
Superboy 18 CGC 5.5
True Love Pictorial 2 CGC 4.5
Witchcraft 5 CGC 5.0

And tomorrow night's books will be

Tales of Suspense 35 CGC 7.0
Fantastic Four 7 CGC 6.5
1st Issue Special 8 CGC 9.6
Adventure Comics 390 CGC 9.4
Aquaman 29 CGC 8.0
Avengers 70 CGC 9.4
Avengers Annual 10 CGC 9.4
Brave and the Bold 63 CGC 8.5
Brave and the Bold 65 CGC 9.0
Daredevil 81 CGC 9.4
Doctor Strange 181 CGC 9.4
Fear 2 CGC 9.6
Hero For Hire 8 CGC 9.4
House of Mystery 191 CGC 9.4
Iron Man 128 CGC 9.6
Iron Man 118 CGC 9.8
Logan's Run 6 CGC 9.6
Logan's Run 6 CGC 9.4
Marvel Team-Up 5 CGC 9.6
Marvel Team-Up 13 CGC 9.4 MJ Insert
Nova 1 CGC 9.4
Spectacular Spider-Man 28 CGC 9.8
Spectacular Spider-Man 27 CGC 9.6
Swamp Thing 5 CGC 9.0

I won't have these priced up until they are being posted, so come back and visit tonight!

I'm working on a thread now that will have my entire Saga collection in it. Everything listed here  https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=106452 will be available but I'm not going to part them out yet. I'm trying to move the entire collection, hopefully to someone that's been thinking about starting one and getting a good jump. All books are 9.8 and a bunch of Signature Series, which a lot of are rare with only 3, 5 and even a 1 of 1 on the census.

It will also have a raw run, trades, and the Skybound figure two packs, Lying Cat statues, and more for sale.

If the collection doesn't move in a week I will start parting out individually.

I'll be listing some EC's tommorow, most in pretty nice shape. Probably around dinner time or right after.