• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,905 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

So ... I've been away from the boards for almost two months now.  Health issues, on my end, my wife's end, and my father's end, combined with job workload = an unintended hiatus from the boards.  That's about to change.

I'll be putting together my 6th Annual Mega-Sale -- filled with lots of keys, lots of nice high grade raws, a handful of slabs, and a lot of other generally neat, cool stuff.  Most are now undercopies, and some are books I'm simply ready to part with.  There will be a pretty big chunk of books in G/S/B, and another thread in Modern, which may also include a lot of affordable mini-series to go along with the regular goodies.

It's going to be a LOT of books if all goes according to plan.  I'm sorting now, hoping to start scanning next week, and hope to get the sale running around Labor Day-ish if all goes well.  I just wanted to post a heads-up that it's coming.  For those people who've stopped by in my threads before (and it's a lot of you), I'm looking forward to seeing you all there, and hopefully, with something to catch your eye. :foryou:

Hope everyone is on the mend, sir. :foryou:

Got a nice batch of books coming back from CGC.

Hit me up with interest, otheriwse I plan on selling them in the next day or two.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing Spider-man #119 CGC 9.8 OWW
Amazing Spider-man #173 CGC 9.8 White
Amazing Spider-man #300 CGC 9.6 White

Avengers #6 CGC 9.4 COW

Daredevil #158 CGC 9.8 OWW
Daredevil #168 CGC 9.8 White

Detective Comics #412 CGC 9.8 OWW
Detective Comics #437 CGC 9.8 OWW
Detective Comics #443 CGC 9.8 OWW
Detective Comics #444 CGC 9.8 OWW

Giant Size X-men #1 CGC 7.0 White

Going Steady #10 CGC 2.0 OWW (previously graded and offered as a raw 2.0 by me)

Man Thing #1 CGC 9.8 White

Marvel Premiere #15 CGC 9.6 OWW

New Gods #1 CGC 9.6 OWW

New Teen Titans #2 CGC 9.8 White

NYX #3 CGC 9.8 White

Tales To Astonish #18 CGC 8.0 OWW (previously graded and offered as a raw 8.0 by me)

X-men #76 CGC 9.2 OWW

Edited by VintageComics

On 8/23/2018 at 4:33 AM, ChiSoxFan said:

So ... I've been away from the boards for almost two months now.  Health issues, on my end, my wife's end, and my father's end, combined with job workload = an unintended hiatus from the boards.  That's about to change.

I'll be putting together my 6th Annual Mega-Sale -- filled with lots of keys, lots of nice high grade raws, a handful of slabs, and a lot of other generally neat, cool stuff.  Most are now undercopies, and some are books I'm simply ready to part with.  There will be a pretty big chunk of books in G/S/B, and another thread in Modern, which may also include a lot of affordable mini-series to go along with the regular goodies.

It's going to be a LOT of books if all goes according to plan.  I'm sorting now, hoping to start scanning next week, and hope to get the sale running around Labor Day-ish if all goes well.  I just wanted to post a heads-up that it's coming.  For those people who've stopped by in my threads before (and it's a lot of you), I'm looking forward to seeing you all there, and hopefully, with something to catch your eye. :foryou:

Some roadblocks in the way, and not enough books have been scanned -- but I'm pushing forward anyway.  Sale to begin in G/S/B on Monday.  Keys and newer offerings (including some books never offered before) first, then a lot of books of various grades and titles listed alphabetically afterward.  Not sure how much will end up getting posted, or how much of the hoped for Modern thread will get listed (if at all) due to time/health constraints, but I'm going to go with what's ready and roll from there.  Monday's start time will be around 6-7 CT -- hope to see a lot of familar faces stop in to say hello. :foryou:

I have the following books coming back from CGC and will be listed in the selling forum shortly. Feel free to message me with any questions. More to be added soon.

Amazing Spider-Man #146 CGC 9.8 White - $750
Amazing Spider-Man #212 CGC 9.8 White - $425
Amazing Spider-Man #300 CGC 9.6 White - $750

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1 CGC 9.8 - $750

Giant-Size X-Men #1 CGC 7.0 COW - $980

X-Men #109 CGC 9.8 White - $1150
X-Men #121 CGC 9.8 White - $550

And a 2nd batch of books coming up for sale as well. As soon as I can scan them they will go up.

Amazing Spider-Man #59 CGC 9.6 WHITE - $600

Astonishing Tales #25 CGC 9.8 WHITE - $1250

Batman #254 CGC 9.6 WHITE - $400

Daredevil #35 CGC 9.8 OWW - $875
Daredevil #105 CGC 9.8 OWW - $675

Fantastic Four #97 CGC 9.8 White - $800

Shazam #1 CGC 9.8 OWW - $800

X-Men #11 CGC 9.2 OWW - $1200
X-Men #64 CGC 9.6 OWW - $775
X-Men #70 CGC 9.8 OWW - $2000
X-men #89 CGC 9.8 OWW - $650

I'll be listing about 20 GA slabs and 1 SA tonight at 8pm. EST. 

Some of the highlights, 2 early Thrillings, a Shadow, a Detective, and some Wonder Woman and Sensations. 

There will be cookies, and magnets (I can't mail the cookies, just the magnets;);)  and maybe some other surprises.

I have not finalized the list yet. 

The Wonder Womans and Sensations are undercopies, and a few are very hard to find. Some of the other books are scarce as well. 

Hope to see you later:)

Will be putting up a Timely Pedigree White pages highest graded next weekend for sale/trade.  It's a good one. 

List of books would consider for trade credit

Venus#19 F/VF or higher grade

Suspense Comics#3 VG/F to Fine

EC Tales of Terror Annual 1 VG/ Fine or higher grade

All New Comics #8 Fine or higher grade

Great Comics #3 Fine or higher grade

Mystic Comics #10 VF or higher grade

Edited by mstrange

A wrap-up and an announcement: I have finally closed my thread that constitutes Round One of Sharing an Estate Collection (lots of Classic Comics/Clasics Illustrated) and I am about to open (tonight in fact, if I can shoot a few) Round Two from this estate collection, featuring various Silver Age Superman titles, all raw and many but not all looking to be in pretty nice shape at first glance.

That said, thanks to all takers; PM if you want to wrap up and we'll exchange info, but if you want to see what's coming and possibly combine shipping that's cool too. Thanks all!

@Caff54 @PeterPark @davet75 @n2wdw @oceans11 @AnkurJ 

Some takers not recognized here have already expressed interest in riding thru the next round, which begins shortly with:

Silver age superman titles

bought more than I probably shoulda recently...

so... I'll be listing some GA raws and slabs from my collection (GGA, some fiction house, and such mostly but we'll see) and probably once I sell enough the rest will go back in the collection.

I'm planning on listing about 14 Slabbed books in about an hour (11:30 EST). 

It's a mix of GA including an earlier Wonder Woman, Some Signature Series books and some firsts like Mad #1 and the first Dollman Cover. I'm not sure what else yet.. 

I ship to anywhere, so all are welcome:foryou: