• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,896 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

I'm planning a sales thread in G/S/B hopefully sometime tomorrow. Lots of books to list so it will carry on for a few days at least. Captain Marvel run 1-34 plus MSH's 12, 13, Spider-man from 163-202, Doc Strange Marvel Premiere run plus some silver, SHEILD run, some Master of Kung Fu and a few silver and later bronze FF's and a bunch of other stuff. Come by if you get a chance. Cheers

I finally started scanning some of my Superman books, I plan to list them starting in about 30 minutes (1:30) and continue tomorrow night. These books are all raw, all from the 40's to 50's. Most are lower grade and since I've had them a while, the prices should be fair.

I'm going to offer flat rate shipping, I have some auctions ending on eBay tonight so feel free to combine them.

There will be magnets and free books.

Edited by skypinkblu

Working on scanning/prices for a thread this afternoon

Justice League of America 29 CGC 8.0
Justice League of America 37 CGC 9.2
Superboy 165 CGC 9.4
Superman 147 CGC 9.0 1st Legion of Super-Villians
Superman 149 CGC 8.5
Superman 164 CGC 9.2
Superman 194 CGC 9.4
Superman 202 CGC 9.4
Superman 222 CGC 9.6
Superman 232 CGC 9.4

Will be adding these two horror books tonight

This Magazine is Haunted v2 #12 CGC 8.0 Tied for highest graded **
This Magazine is Haunted V2 #14 CGC 9.2 2nd highest graded (the 9.4 is a Bethlehem copy)**

**The CGC Census was updated to show these new results

Edited by GACollectibles

7 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

Justice League of America 37 CGC 9.0
Superboy 165 CGC 9.4
Superman 149 CGC 8.5
Superman 164 CGC 9.2
Superman 194 CGC 9.4
Superman 202 CGC 9.4
Superman 222 CGC 9.6
Superman 232 CGC 9.4

This Magazine is Haunted V2 #14 CGC 9.2 2nd highest graded (the 9.4 is a Bethlehem copy)**

@lizards2 I know you are looking for one of these!  

14 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:
22 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

Justice League of America 37 CGC 9.0
Superboy 165 CGC 9.4
Superman 149 CGC 8.5
Superman 164 CGC 9.2
Superman 194 CGC 9.4
Superman 202 CGC 9.4
Superman 222 CGC 9.6
Superman 232 CGC 9.4

@lizards2 I know you are looking for one of these!  

Image result for empty pockets jpg

Wednesday, March 6th, sometime in the afternoon, I will have a sales thread in the Gold/Silver/Bronze forum. 

There will be some new books, some recently purchased books and some books you have seen before.

Most of these books will be up for sale for more than I paid for them, some of these books will be up for sale for what I paid for them and some of these books will be for sale for less than I paid for them.

Buy some books if you want to and feel free not to buy books if you don't want to.

There will be a pretty gorgeous 8.5 White page copy of Amazing Spider-Man 4 for sale in this group. This thread will only stay open for 72 hours at the most. 

thanks

Rick :foryou:

Tomorrow morning at about 10 am, I'm going to start listing some Batman books from my collection. These books are going range from GA to early SA. None of the books have been pressed (to the best of my knowledge. I'll have reasonable flat rate shipping AND COOKIES;) well...maybe not cookies they are hard to ship, but I will have lots of magnets as incentives:)

My books are all different kinds of grades, these range from low to about 6.5, there might even be a 7.0 in the batch.

I am looking at a massive sale probably at the end of the month. Books are piling up around here as I have mostly stopped listing on ebay due to being so busy at home (and their fees are bugging me a lot for some reason). Tons of groovy stuff, not sure if it will be one massive sale in mixed or two sales in the two main forums. But lots of oddballs and fun covers and the like with a bunch of hotter books or minor keys. These will be priced to move as I want to get going for some Mignola OA when he comes to the Comic Art Expo at the end of April. Also will have leftovers in the VCC. I will try to do some coming attractions type posts with pictures as well before the real thing hits the last week of the month.

I have also been raiding a local shop 50 cent/$1 bins and will have a ton of $1 comics at the next VCC which is April 2 and 3 (IIRC). EVERYONE SHOULD SUPPORT THE VCC!

Edited by Bird

Got some fresh books from CGC to list for sale.

Going to start with these. Message me with any interest.

Amazing Spider-man #300 CGC 9.6 White
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1 CGC 9.4
DC Comics Presents #47 CGC 9.8 White
New Mutants #87 CGC 9.8 White
NYX #3 CGC 9.8 White
X-men #35 CGC 9.0 OWW
X-men #96 CGC 9.8 White
X-men #266 CGC 9.8 White

I'm going to be selling Detective Comics from my collection on Sunday at 10 am. I thought I'd be having the sale on Sat, but something came up and I had to change it.

There will be books from the 40's through the 50's including some pretty hard to find issues from the early 50's.I will also have some 12 cent  Joker Covers that I had put aside during my last sale. This is pretty much the end of the raw DCs I'll be selling since Detective is one of the series I saved for last. 

56 minutes ago, Point Five said:

If I don't pass out :p I'll be listing a bunch of precode horror and other fun stuff in the marketplace around 9:30-10 pm EST tonight. No presales! See ya there.  :busy:

(:

I'll be having a sell in about a week hoping to start next Saturday or Sunday, it'll probably last a few weeks maybe longer. Lots of books from Gold to Bronze, just a quick pic of a few that will likely be in the saleIMG_3239.thumb.jpg.92f6e50520207b6de342873ed458f2c4.jpg

Hopefully before too long, I will begin a longish (about 100 books) Clearance Thread in Three Acts (to the extent a collector can have a clearance; really a herd cull I suppose). I have grouped the books for convenience so that those who are only interested in one section can get in and get out if they choose, but certainly folks are welcome to wait til thread close too. I plan to organize it as follows:

Act One: Classic Comics/Classics Illustrated -- this will be the final cuts from the CI collection I bought last fall. There will be about 30 low issue #'s and/or low HRN's, many quite presentable copies. I am now down to my keepers from this acquisition; these were the final "on the fence" picks for me.

Act Two: The middle section will be a mini "You Might Find It," made up of Golden age that got missed in my last You Might Find It, plus a few newly offered bronze and silver books of note/minor keys, and a couple new surprises. 

Pact Three: The final third will be coverless Golden Age readers, mostly 40's DC and Fawcett, and a couple Jumbo and Fight. There's a few other 50's oddballs too; I might add in a couple incomplete books with covers here as well.

So overall, it's mostly affordable Golden Age offerings of one sort or another from end to end, but the middle will have a few nuggets for Silver and Bronze collectors too.

Hey...

I'm planning on making a Thread and selling a run of Silver Age Superman...

But before I took the time to takes pictures of all the comics, I thought I might post here first to gauge Interest.

The comics I've got are-

98,113,114,117,118,121,122,124,125,125,126,127,129,131,132,133,134,138,143,144,153,154,155,156,157,158,163.164,165,166,168,169,170,172173,174,175,178,179,180,181,185,186,188,189,190,191,192,194,195,196,198,200,201,203,204,205,206,208,209,210,211,213,214,215,216

If anyone here is interested in this lot, please PM or reply here...

so I'll Know if its worth Making the thread

thanks

On 3/16/2019 at 9:27 PM, Azkaban said:

I'll be having a sell in about a week hoping to start next Saturday or Sunday, it'll probably last a few weeks maybe longer. Lots of books from Gold to Bronze, just a quick pic of a few that will likely be in the saleIMG_3239.thumb.jpg.92f6e50520207b6de342873ed458f2c4.jpg

going to start this tonight, will begin with relisting some CGC books at a lower cost. Tomorrow will start listing some raw books, this sale is going to be all over the place lol hopefully you'll find something you need.