• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,906 posts in this topic

Thinking of starting soon (tonight???) a men's adventure mags (aka "sweat mags") thread. I have 58 books planned; 7 holdovers from the first time I offered some of these, two Golden Age-era precursor mags (as these are largely a 60's phenomena) and 49 that will be new to the boards.

If you've been getting into pulps of late, as many around here seem to be, these are over the top in a pulps meets pre-code comics kind of way that has to be seen to be believed. Check it out even if you have no intention of getting into these. They are worth seeing, and most all are difficult to come by.

There's a great thread on the topic over in Magazines; much of it features the eye-popping collection of @Flex Mentallo As collections of men's adventure mags go, he once found the sweat mag equivalent of the Church collection, from the look of that thread. I'm far from the most knowledgeable boardie on these but I am learning and it is fun. Keep an eye peeled!

PS - I'm remiss for not mentioning @lbcolefan's great collection, also on display in that thread!

Edited by Readcomix
More info

Going to start a new sales thread in the Mixed Age Threads and Misc area starting tonight (Monday, June 29th) @ 7:00 pm EST.  Hoping to post at least 40 books tonight, and continue to post additional books over the coming days. There should be something from all eras (see pics below), as well as prizes to be claimed. Hope to see you tonight and the next few nights!

20200624_111812_resized.jpg

20200624_113658_resized.jpg

20200624_114233_resized.jpg

20200624_114905_resized.jpg

20200624_115134_resized.jpg

20200629_150030_resized.jpg

:news: JBPEZ July 4th weekend thread starting tonight....shooting for 8PM EST!!  There will be a mix of Gold, Silver and Bronze!! Hopefully i will list about 15 or so books tonight, and more early next week!! Hope to see you later....

Thanks!!

At about 3pm, I'm going to post Masks for kids in G/S/B. I'll be giving away 10 child size masks to start.  Size small and medium, because I know they are a little harder to find.

Superheros, Disney, Harry Potter, Minecraft and I might sneak in a rainbow or two. Small will fit ages 2 to maybe 8, medium is an inch bigger and an inch smaller than the adult size ones. They are all cotton, washable, have coated nose wires, adjustable elastic (the kids ones only) and have a filter pocket unless I note that it does not.

These are for boarder's children or grandchildren to start. One for each child, up to 2 per family for today.

I plan on this being a summer project, so if you have more than 2 kids, I can put whatever you pick up on hold and add ones for you  when I do the next batch.

U.S. Shipping will be free, if you are out of the U.S., then I'd ask you to pay the difference from what it would cost me here.

Later on I'm sure we can add nieces, nephews and best buddies, but for today you have to be a boarder and have joined before May 1.

At about 4 pm, I'm going to start a thread in Mixed, with adult sizes. I sold some in the VCC a few weeks ago  and I used those funds to buy more material. So I have  bunch of material, quite a bit that is new. Same price as before $15 for the first one, $10 for additional masks. Shipping will be free in the U.S., more if you are out of the U.S.

For every mask that is purchased in mixed, I will donate another child's mask in the G/S/B thread.

I'm only putting up what is already made, with the VCC I was taking requests and it got to be too much, it's easier for me to use the same thread for batches.

15 minutes ago, jbpez said:

:news:Adding a few Major Marvel keys to my thread about 9pm EST tonight. See you there. Thanks!

Like what?

:news:

I unexpectedly had a serious mourning: both my parents died. So, for various reasons I therefore decided to start selling part of my collection and other material from the wartime period for which I had been planning a sale for years.
I will try to do this starting in the next few days, in separate threads as I decide how to move the books.

I will give separate notice for them. Thanks in advance to everyone which will participate… <3

At 4pm EST I will be posting the following slabs for sale in the GA/SA/BA forum:

Avengers #98 CGC 9.8
Captain Marvel #34 CGC 9.4
Marvel Premiere #28 CGC 9.4
Omega Men #3 CGC 9.8
Silver Surfer #nn CGC 8.0 Fireside
Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #134 CGC 9.2 SS Signed by Neal Adams
Tales of Suspense #82 CGC 9.2
Marvel Graphic Novel #1 CGC 8.0 Death of Captain Marvel
Marvel Graphic Novel #1 CGC 9.4 Death of Captain Marvel
Marvel Super Special #16 CGC 9.6 Star Wars Empire Strikes Back

See you then!