• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,905 posts in this topic

I'll be posting a new sales thread, or two, in early April. I am still on a quest to buy AF15, which is a comic on another level for me and one I am determined to buy by year end. I am around 20% of the way there from selling the small stuff and I am going to keep on selling that small stuff. (meaning nothing over $100 and most $10 or less) Some new stuff will be there and some stuff previously offered will return at significantly lower prices. I have $3K of stuff on ebay now and that will come off there and go here at 50% of the price or so. And I already have more to add and we'll see where we go from there.

I'll have a copper/modern for sure and perhaps a G/S/B but that is less sure. I mean, they are all coming sooner rather than later but some semblance of order is required.

Edited by Bird

I am going to do an impulsive copper/modern auction tonight in a little bit. I am going to use the stacker format, or a variation thereof. It will start with a BIN and 2 or more books and I will add a book every so often hoping that the lot sells for the BIN. If I am lucky enough to sell that one I will do more. If I think the value has been generously exceeded I will not add any more books and announce a closing time around 10-11 pm EST.

First one will start at $50 and feature Totally Awesome Hulk 15, then with other books added. I am taking pics now and will get it going shortly.

see you there! :sumo:

I encourage threadkrapping and having a fun time. I was running roughshod over the card forums when they started a few weeks ago so card guys can come on by too if they can stop flippin' Marnies for a second.

Have a great Friday people!

Will be starting a sales thread with some big keys in the G/S/B forum tonight and continuing into tomorrow. Also will have a short Copper/Modern sales thread tomorrow as well. Lots of Falcon and Winter Soldier keys in that one.

Thanks,

Ed

On 3/26/2021 at 11:55 PM, Readcomix said:

Somewhere within the next week or so, I intend to throw an F5 party in G/S/B. :devil:

Hmm... let’s see.... Am I ready??

Sharp Atlas war books....check!
Entry level Silver Age major key...check!
Highly sought after hard-to-find Baker book...check!
Hot bronze keys...check!
Affordable random Golden Age obscurities...check! 
PCH...check!
Completely off the radar, sweet romance book...check!

Update -- It's still coming; thought I would shoot the books tonight and start tomorrow night, but I got sidetracked by a trade with a local collector, and I wanted to be sure none of the books I had set aside for the sale would be needed for the trade first. (We're clear!) So stay tuned, it will happen. Though we're hardly bored in the meantime; some killer, killer threads on the boards of late!

Some serious spring cleaning coming up.  I have a collectible "overflow" room in our basement that needs to be cleared out in the next several months in prep for a renovation.   I have about 60 boxes of "extra" comics, some slabs, cards (sealed star wars wax packs and others), toys, games etc. that need to go.  I was going to split into multiple threads but want to give the mixed section a try.  Hoping to start listing some things later today around 6-7pm and plan on adding as time permits over the coming days/weeks/months.

IMG_0085.thumb.jpg.e03d87f9e0bef70fe2500538091c01d3.jpgIMG_0086.thumb.jpg.2cade9d59560860dbee2def4cdcc32dc.jpgIMG_0087.thumb.jpg.b11ab53db854cace342703b750b6048b.jpgIMG_0088.thumb.jpg.d5c34d6c1e4ab6d2241dcee01aaa78af.jpgIMG_0089.thumb.jpg.a99721becf2fe8e4982a089824c883b4.jpgIMG_0090.thumb.jpg.01b6a0bce382c89227887168831e7853.jpg

1 minute ago, MustEatBrains said:

Some serious spring cleaning coming up.  I have a collectible "overflow" room in our basement that needs to be cleared out in the next several months in prep for a renovation.   I have about 60 boxes of "extra" comics, some slabs, cards (sealed star wars wax packs and others), toys, games etc. that need to go.  I was going to split into multiple threads but want to give the mixed section a try.  Hoping to start listing some things later today around 6-7pm and plan on adding as time permits over the coming days/weeks/months.

IMG_0085.thumb.jpg.e03d87f9e0bef70fe2500538091c01d3.jpgIMG_0086.thumb.jpg.2cade9d59560860dbee2def4cdcc32dc.jpgIMG_0087.thumb.jpg.b11ab53db854cace342703b750b6048b.jpgIMG_0088.thumb.jpg.d5c34d6c1e4ab6d2241dcee01aaa78af.jpgIMG_0089.thumb.jpg.a99721becf2fe8e4982a089824c883b4.jpgIMG_0090.thumb.jpg.01b6a0bce382c89227887168831e7853.jpg

If we buy something that says "don't open" can we open it?

On 3/26/2021 at 11:55 PM, Readcomix said:

Somewhere within the next week or so, I intend to throw an F5 party in G/S/B. :devil:

Hmm... let’s see.... Am I ready??

Sharp Atlas war books....check!
Entry level Silver Age major key...check!
Highly sought after hard-to-find Baker book...check!
Hot bronze keys...check!
Affordable random Golden Age obscurities...check! 
PCH...check!
Completely off the radar, sweet romance book...check!

Update! I have half a shot of starting the F5 Party tonight! Probably 10 pm EST or later, but I'll update here by 10 if I cannot.

20 books shot, G/S/B, none of which I have offered before. Might add about 4 re-runs that I'm shocked got passed over (maybe missed?) in previous go-rounds, but that would be subsequent nights. Might not get to all 20 in one sitting.

I am hoping to do a small thread in G/S/B today or tomorrow, mostly of issues I have duplicates of (2 or 3 Planets, some Strange Tales, and maybe X-Men 94 and/or 95). 

I am also working on another large copper/modern thread, that should be ready in 2 weeks/end of the month.

The AF15 fund is at 25%-33% and another 5-8% coming in June from leftovers from 2 heritage consignments finally selling this month. Now lets just keep 2.0s and 2.5s at their current levels!

Edited by Bird

Around 2pm EST today I will be posting these cool LB Cole & Matt Baker books for sale...

Pictorial Romances #5 CGC 7.0
Popular Teen-Agers #15 CGC 6.5
True-to-Life Romances #10 CGC 7.5
Tied for highest graded!
True-to-Life Romances #13 CGC 8.5
Wartime Romances #7 CGC 6.0

**2nd Update: Internet service is still not restored so I will try again Wednesday around 6pm PST.**

**Update: Due to high winds, Internet is out in my area. Expected repair time by 7pm PST. I will update again if/when Internet is restored**

Hi all! Around 6pm PST today, I will start posting several high grade CGC slabs at great prices in the Copper/Modern thread that I know you don't want to miss out on!

Some of what to expect over the next few days include:

• Several 9.8 Star Wars High Republic 1 (Cover A)
  • ASM 55 Variants
  • Dark Nights Death Metal 7
  • Strange Academy 1
  • A few Grimm Fairy Tales
  • Rick & Morty
  • Various other graded comics

I intend to transition from my ebay store being a main selling platform by listing comics here first. Feel free to view my excellent feedback and selling history ahead of time at https://www.ebay.com/usr/aaronscollectibles

I hope to see you soon!

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

I will be listing a "mish mash" of raw books mostly early to mid silver age stuff, including a few early war type, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, minor keys, Mad, romance, and misc titles either later today or tomorrow 4/29...alot of cool books...

Looks like tomorrow morning starting around 8am or so will start listing books..make sure you stop over and check them out! 

Edited by rube11

Hopefully putting up more Golden Age Oddball stuff Tues eve, around 7 Central. A few more books than last time. Forbidden Worlds, Adventures Into the Unknown, Pogo's, Looney Tunes, & more.

On 5/3/2021 at 2:22 PM, DR.X said:

Hopefully putting up more Golden Age Oddball stuff Tues eve, around 7 Central. A few more books than last time. Forbidden Worlds, Adventures Into the Unknown, Pogo's, Looney Tunes, & more.

:whistle:

4 minutes ago, Pontoon said:
On 5/3/2021 at 1:22 PM, DR.X said:

:whistle:

sorry people, personal stuff popped up. I'll shoot for Wed evening. :wishluck:

I have a Magazine & Misc thread over in the Mixed Aged Threads and Misc forum, should have close to (40) more magazines to post tonight, will start around 9pm EST with more Creepys then moving on, if I can post anything before that it will be some something misc.