I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
12 12

5,228 posts in this topic

Just picked these up!

001.jpg

Nice Pulps Paul! Great Covers. I don't own any pulps, but this is the closest I have. I've always thought Schomburg drew this 2nd Torch cover in a very "Pulp" like fashion (thumbs u

BIGScan-MarvelMystery5CGC2.jpg

Make sure you read any Captain Future stories in the Starling mags.

Great thread Mr. S, and congrats on your "load" ! Pulps are a weakness of mine.

One before bed ... a rare one-shot from 1939... THE OCTOPUS ... could be one of my favorite pulps I own!

OCTOPUSpulp.jpg[/img]

Nice Pulps Paul! Great Covers. I don't own any pulps, but this is the closest I have. I've always thought Schomburg drew this 2nd Torch cover in a very "Pulp" like fashion (thumbs u

I got to get me one of those, the #3 has the same great feel. Can't help but wonder if some of the better pulp covers(and there are a lot of them) were on comics, the demand and value would be insane. It really is untapped market for fantastic art covers, and some excellent reading. I picked all of these up for under between 3-6 bucks a piece, except the one startling with Capt. Futrue which was more. So for the price of a new comic I got a whole lot of reading and some real fun covers to enjoy.

Paul

I got to get me one of those, the #3 has the same great feel. Can't help but wonder if some of the better pulp covers(and there are a lot of them) were on comics, the demand and value would be insane. It really is untapped market for fantastic art covers, and some excellent reading. I picked all of these up for under between 3-6 bucks a piece, except the one startling with Capt. Futrue which was more. So for the price of a new comic I got a whole lot of reading and some real fun covers to enjoy.

Paul

Yes, I forgot MM # 3 (Angel cover) has that Pulp feeling. Post a scan of your # 3 here Paul! :applause:

Just picked these up!

001.jpg

SHAMELESS PLUG WARNING

I've got over a hundred pulps, including about half the ones in your picture, set up in my VCC booth waiting for next's month's virtual con.

:headbang:

By the way, those Fantastic Novels have usually have the BEST Finlay illustrations. I seem to remember some nice ones in that bottom right issue.

Edited by Weird Paper

If I remember right, the 2nd one in on the top row has Matt Fox illustrations, so it's one I have wanted for some time!

I believe you are correct. I remember it is considered a classic cover as well.

Sweet pulps guys. I really like the Marvel Science or any of the red circle pulps, I would like to get a bunch of them, at current I do not have any, my pulp collection is the 14 I posted.

A pulp with a comic... :cloud9:

outofthisworld1.jpg

outofthisworld2.jpg

I've posted these pulps previously, but they're pretty enough to show off again.

marvelsciencestoriesaug1938ga.jpg

V1 #1