• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,050 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2017 at 9:50 AM, RedFury said:

These Saucy Movie Tales are really tough to find, much tougher than the Spicys from the same era.  I got lucky and recently got 7 of these 8 in one fell swoop!  So happy with them!

All covers are by Norman Saunders, signing under his middle name "Blaine".

2XGSDsCl.jpg 12ivHEbl.jpg OPupJPcl.jpg xJseR7bl.jpg dQp6YOMl.jpg wMiXFENl.jpg fRn7D4nl.jpg Rk0sxNcl.jpg

Absolutely beautiful!  It still amazes me how they even made it to the newsstand with those covers.

On 1/7/2018 at 9:01 AM, GACollectibles said:

Absolutely beautiful!  It still amazes me how they even made it to the newsstand with those covers.

These were usually sold behind/under the counter.  You had to ask for them.

When I was younger (much) I read all of The Shadow books with the great Steranko covers and I really enjoyed the series, I also read The Spider because I was into pulps quite heavily but the stories never seemed as well crafted as the Shadow. As a pulp collector however I much prefer The Spider covers.

img418.jpg