• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,046 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2018 at 3:09 PM, RedFury said:

I'd love to see some.  Do you have any of the Yakima Weird Tales?  I have 3, but Dave Smith said his recollection was there weren't that many, maybe a dozen or two.

WeirdTales_38_08.jpg

WeirdTales_38_06.jpg

Picked up a small collection of Pulps.  Don't know much about them.  There all in about the same condition as the one posted below with the following stamp HAMILTON-BRACKETT  located on the first page any significance????   Anyone can shed some more light on this let me know. IMG_20180309_105531.thumb.jpg.f8f60fb2c83a7b42334ae90e35ac53f5.jpgIMG_20180309_105543.thumb.jpg.7eddf04d3a0540e17b1bb2d7a3c4fcfc.jpgIMG_20180309_105607.thumb.jpg.429d2750129d8ef9380850b431eaad0a.jpg

The first thought is that Edmond Hamilton and Leigh Brackett were a husband and wife who were both prolific and well regarded writers who did much of their work for the pulps.  How that connects to the stamp I don't know for certain, but there are obvious guesses to be made.

A quick check suggests neither of them had a story in that issue, however.

Edited by OtherEric

16 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

The first thought is that Edmond Hamilton and Leigh Brackett were a husband and wife who were both prolific and well regarded writers who did much of their work for the pulps.  How that connects to the stamp I don't know for certain, but there are obvious guesses to be made.

A quick check suggests neither of them had a story in that issue, however.

Startng to make some sense since the OO said that the publisher would send out copies to all the writers in the series.  Maybe these were file copies meant for those writers hm

5 hours ago, mstrange said:

Startng to make some sense since the OO said that the publisher would send out copies to all the writers in the series.  Maybe these were file copies meant for those writers hm

I have a few pulps with the Hamilton-Brackett stamp.  I believe it means they were from their personal library.  Here's Planet Stories #1.

IZPyvTeh.jpgpODEeJch.jpgTt4gnFWh.jpg