• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,111 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Xaltotun said:

Here is a little something which I acquired recently. It was part of a lot so I didn't pay close attention at first, but then

a) I realized this was REH's handwriting and not the teller/banker's.

b) Then I checked the dates, sales and payments received by Howard, and voilà: this is very probably the bank receipt for the check he cashed for "The Shadow Kingdom".

Sep 1929 check deposit slip.jpg

Wow, that's amazing, Patrice!  So cool!

5 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

What a cover and such great colors on this copy :headbang:

I scan them a little bright to make them really pop, but I also try to only buy nice clean bright books to begin with. 

Forgot to mention this is a Norman Saunders cover too, and as we know, he's great!

3 hours ago, RedFury said:

Real Detective Tales

June 1930

Sultry gun moll cover by Alex Redmond

2ZsKRgsh.jpg

That “no long continued stories” blurb is interesting.  Surely the more common “all stories complete “ would work better, unless they were either saying they had no long stories at all, or were continuing a short story as a bait & switch to get people to buy the next issue.

Finally have caught up on this thread.  285 pages is a bit of reading, but it sure is a pleasure!

I only have a handful of pulps.  Finlay appealed to me the most as I'm more of a line-art kinda guy than brush and paint.  This one has been with me for a while and scratches a very big itch.

Famous Fantastic Mysteries 3 1940.JPG

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

Finally have caught up on this thread.  285 pages is a bit of reading, but it sure is a pleasure!

I only have a handful of pulps.  Finlay appealed to me the most as I'm more of a line-art kinda guy than brush and paint.  This one has been with me for a while and scratches a very big itch.

Famous Fantastic Mysteries 3 1940.JPG

That is a stunning cover by Finlay, isn't it?

Glad you enjoyed the run through the thread, it's too bad so many images were lost in the Photobucket fiasco.

23 hours ago, OtherEric said:

That is a stunning cover by Finlay, isn't it?

Glad you enjoyed the run through the thread, it's too bad so many images were lost in the Photobucket fiasco.

Yep. Virgil signed it bottom right corner.  Almost hidden, isn't it?

The Photophucket problem has hurt MANY of the threads.  I've never trusted third parties to be responsible for my digital files.  Hopefully everyone else is learning...

On 5/31/2018 at 5:03 PM, Xaltotun said:

Here is a little something which I acquired recently. It was part of a lot so I didn't pay close attention at first, but then

a) I realized this was REH's handwriting and not the teller/banker's.

b) Then I checked the dates, sales and payments received by Howard, and voilà: this is very probably the bank receipt for the check he cashed for "The Shadow Kingdom".

Sep 1929 check deposit slip.jpg

That is treasure!!  Congrats!