• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,096 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

How was the show?

Not too many people came, probably because it rained heavily all day and it was a first-time show.  I only sold a few pulps.  But I was disappointed most by the lack of other pulp sellers.  There were comics, dvds, vinyl records, and lots of paperback and hardcover books, but only a few pulp sellers.  And some of them only had a handful of pulps to offer.  I consider myself small-time (I'm just a collector selling extras), but I had the second largest selection of pulps there after AdventureHouse.  I was hoping to find some nice books for my collection, but I only came home with this, a $7 lower grade copy I just bought because I wanted to read about Honus Wagner.

mP3NaIKh.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:35 PM, RedFury said:

There was one guy there selling some original pulp art.  He had these two Argosy cover originals by Paul Stahr that were incredible.  If he hadn't already sold them before the show, I would have given it serious consideration!

h5nAkhsh.jpgKO131FXh.jpg

WOW! Those are stunning paintings! And very Argosy-like.  :luhv:

There's a 7th and final issue of The Mysterious Wu Fang, but I don't have it.  If anyone knows of a nice one available anywhere, please let me know!

After the 7th issue, the title was changed to Dr. Yen Sin.  Rumor is that Sax Rohmer complained that "Wu Fang" was too close to "Fu Manchu".

Dr. Yen Sin #1, May-Jun 1936

Cover by Jerome Rozen

SR736qkh.jpg

Edited by RedFury