• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,094 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, htp said:

I have to admit to being pretty ignorant about his Weird Tales contributions. I just don't have enough of those. I do have most/all of his Wonder Stories though. Of the top of my head, I'd suggest (all in Wonder)

The Eternal World - March 1932

Master of the Asteroid - October 1932

Dweller in the Martian Depths - March 1933

The City of the Singing Flame - July 1931 (and the sequel Beyond the Singing Flame - November 1931)

The Light from Beyond - April 1933

They're all pretty short reads, so not a big investment if anything. Some of those from my collection (in need of upgrades...):

flame.jpg.f940308299d4fa4c7e2eb39224faf961.jpg

andromeda.png.731156805316d85acbc2622c36b1299e.pngmaster.jpg.52013cd221e632dc2b785b868688814f.jpg

They all have nice interior illustrations too.

1137825842_martiandepths.thumb.jpg.be7ebd3b8145e095489cf8bd08323d53.jpg

I need to get that October 1932 issue... it has a HPL story (written for Hazel Heald) as well.

i don’t want to jinx myself, but with luck I’ll have some mags with CAS poetry to show off in a few days

13 hours ago, Hap Hazard said:

The Astounding # 1 Jan 1930 is a recent pick up looks nice with my Amazing Stories # 1 April 1926

Astounding Stories of Super Science Jan. 1930.jpg

Congrats, I had the bid just below you :) 

How did it turn out? It actually looked pretty solid if you can overlook the water damage, with a nice overhang.

22 hours ago, Pat Calhoun said:

So many great CAS yarns: 'The Ice Demon', 'The Enchantress of Sylaire'...he is also a superb artist, sculptor, and poet - the best of the WT poets. (art on verse is his too)

Just dug out 'The Enchantress of Sylaire" on your recommendation, Pat.  You're right, it's a good one.  First appearance of the story, the issue is mine but the interior scan was found online.  A rare Brundage interior illustration:

Weird_Tales_1941_07.jpg

WT_41_07_01.jpg

4 hours ago, htp said:

Congrats, I had the bid just below you :) 

How did it turn out? It actually looked pretty solid if you can overlook the water damage, with a nice overhang.

The water damage was a concern but the pics of no tape made me think the book was still in decent condition, and it is, nice cover gloss and color, the pages are tan but no brittleness

and with complete covers. Yep very happy with it.

8 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Just dug out 'The Enchantress of Sylaire" on your recommendation, Pat.  You're right, it's a good one.  First appearance of the story, the issue is mine but the interior scan was found online.  A rare Brundage interior illustration:

Weird_Tales_1941_07.jpg

WT_41_07_01.jpg

Not a bad Robot cover as well...

2 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

Also got this one at Baltimore, J Allen St John on the front and Frank R Paul on the back! 

img484.jpg

img485.jpg

I’m probably going to get pummeled for saying this, but I prefer St. John to Brundage.

Especially St. John tigers!

On 10/8/2018 at 12:15 PM, OtherEric said:

i don’t want to jinx myself, but with luck I’ll have some mags with CAS poetry to show off in a few days

And the books showed up!  The entire run, in what ranges from decent to excellent shape, for what I consider an almost embarrassingly low price.  With a LOT of CAS poetry, and some essays and a story as well; and a lot of other good writers:

Arkham_Sampler_1.jpg

Arkham_Sampler_2.jpg

Arkham_Sampler_3.jpg

Arkham_Sampler_4.jpg