• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Damn, Red. You got a time machine you’re not telling us about?  :roflmao:

I wish, haha.  In this case Dwight was looking out for me and called me from the Chicago show.  Ended up with 9 ultra high grade beauties like this one.  The March 1936 issue I posted a few days ago is from the same batch.

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Jeeze Pop, such nice color. Great cover and looks like it was printed yesterday!

Thanks, Robot Man. Being the crazy little generalist I am, I really don't seek out runs, and instead grab a few representative examples - more of a type collection. It'll look nice when propped up next to an example of each of the Spider, Doc, the Shadow, the Avenger, Operator 5, G-8, Dusty, etc. as I am sometimes prone to doing... you know, when you walk into the room and are ambushed by an intimidating assault of color??  :cloud9:

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Any lucky boardie get this last night? I thought I had bid to the moon on something so obscure that no one else would recognize it but guess I was wrong. Rangeland Romances premium pin.

rangelandromancespin.jpg

I'm dumb when it comes to stuff like that is why i enjoy your knowledge here on the boards :smile:

58 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Any lucky boardie get this last night? I thought I had bid to the moon on something so obscure that no one else would recognize it but guess I was wrong. Rangeland Romances premium pin.

rangelandromancespin.jpg

Not me, I wouldn't have known what it was either. Very cool, though!  Thanks for posting.

It looks like two weeks ago the listing expired with no bidders on a $35 starting bid, and then later sells for $179. You have to love ebay, bargains and missed opportunities for bargains slip through all the time. 

23 hours ago, rjpb said:

It looks like two weeks ago the listing expired with no bidders on a $35 starting bid, and then later sells for $179. You have to love ebay, bargains and missed opportunities for bargains slip through all the time. 

Man, I never saw the first listing or I might have had a great bargain. Looks, like a real serious and deep pocketed collector saw it the same time as I did on the relist. Probably won't be one I see again if at least for a long time...:sorry:

Mail call today. Picked up this cool one on the bay. GGA and a holiday cover made me jump all over it. I only have a few of these Peps and this is the best cover of the bunch. Pretty risque stuff. Sexy stories and nudie photos. Like the Playboy of the Depression era. Funny thing, it was published by Harry Donenfeld a few years before he discovered he could make a little extra dough in the comic book biz...

pulppep10:33.jpg

21 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Mail call today. Picked up this cool one on the bay. GGA and a holiday cover made me jump all over it. I only have a few of these Peps and this is the best cover of the bunch. Pretty risque stuff. Sexy stories and nudie photos. Like the Playboy of the Depression era. Funny thing, it was published by Harry Donenfeld a few years before he discovered he could make a little extra dough in the comic book biz...

pulppep10:33.jpg

Wow, that's a great Thanksgiving cover.