• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Wet, Rainy, Flea Market this morning but lucked into a few classic pulps in a dry booth.

53B85FA9-23C9-47B6-A50B-0B88E1C8B672.jpeg

Nice finds. Those Startlings with Captain Future in them are always cool. I love the black-and-white illustrations with Grag the robot and the Brain in them.  :whatev:

2 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Nice finds. Those Startlings with Captain Future in them are always cool. I love the black-and-white illustrations with Grag the robot and the Brain in them.  :whatev:

The Return of Captain Future is one of the top demand pulp covers these days.  My mind boggles at what that would go for if it was on a comic rather than a pulp...

7 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I would call you a hoarder but I can't argue that it's a brilliant speculative investment.  I'll just be happy I managed to find one copy before you got the rest! ;)

Well, it's hard to deny being a hoarder.  lol  It's a common book for a pulp, but I just can't pass it up when I find one that presents well.  For most pulps that interest me, one nice copy is sufficient.  But certain books I hold in such high esteem I keep multiples of them.

(shrug)

On 5/11/2019 at 8:51 PM, Dr. Love said:

so on to more important things

the 8/13 HA Crain Sci Fi Sig Auction - you guys would know better than me - but unbelievable right?  44 Yakimas, 58 Spicys, OA up the yazoo, books, etc

Has the market seen anything like this before?

From today, this thing runs for another 78 days. That's one looooong auction.o.O

On 6/4/2019 at 5:30 PM, Robot Man said:

Picked these up at the Flea Market on Sunday. Love the green Argosy baseball cover!

There is an older guy that often brings a box of random pulps to this show. He always keeps them in the truck until I get there...:banana:

E21E354B-426E-4D2A-824E-A0ADAFD26667.jpeg

3D87D73F-BA64-424F-902D-A2CEB2464BB1.jpeg

1E7B3996-D2DC-4EA7-BFE7-08BA7B9042DF.jpeg

2BE3C27E-A566-459B-9493-B5E206884FD5.jpeg

I really want to know what that Liquid Man story is about now.