• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, RedFury said:

Which ones do you still need?

I can't remember all the months and years of the issues I'm missing.

I posted a picture of the ones I currently have back on page 305 of this thread.

I haven't gotten anything since.

4 hours ago, shiverbones said:

And maybe my favorite of his run

D2E8384A-C834-469E-BA33-0E9BBC34617E.jpeg

I was just lusting over a few on ebay today and well,let's just say I didn't get one.Seems they can still be found affordably if I'm quick though.

I will have a new Weird Tales to show hopefully next week!

5 minutes ago, buttock said:

I'm going through the Glynn Crain pulp listings on HA.  Is it just me or do their grades seem really generous?  

It's not just you.  Heritage has been over-grading pulps for about a year now.  

7 minutes ago, RedFury said:

It's not just you.  Heritage has been over-grading pulps for about a year now.  

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but some of this seems way out of whack.  They have one called VG- that is missing the back cover!

1 hour ago, buttock said:

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but some of this seems way out of whack.  They have one called VG- that is missing the back cover!

I'm not trying to bash them and I do still bid on their auctions.  But with the pulps I feel you have to pay a lot more attention to the scans than you did before, and make your own assessments.

3 minutes ago, RedFury said:

I'm not trying to bash them and I do still bid on their auctions.  But with the pulps I feel you have to pay a lot more attention to the scans than you did before, and make your own assessments.

I agree.  Seems like it's all over the place.