• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

On 7/25/2019 at 2:25 AM, OtherEric said:

An otherwise very nice copy with an obvious (but not TOO detracting) flaw for fairly cheap.  And a Conan cover story, to boot.  I think my next goal is a Conan WT cover that actually features Conan...

Weird_Tales_1935_11.jpg

I would be happy with that one, great issue

1 hour ago, detective35 said:

1D2D3316-B0AE-42C9-ACFE-58459B393751.jpeg

I've been wondering what a high-grade copy of this one would look like.  The attempts to bronze the outline make it look grubby & worn, but you can see how rich and clean that purple background is.  Outstanding stuff! 

5 hours ago, detective35 said:

As Todd knows, I picked up a large collection of nearly 800 pulps.

In this collection were a group of Weird Tales that were so incredible that they looked like they were reprints.   I have over 200 books from the Strasser collection and over 100 Yakima’s, plus a number of killer File Copies, and these books are as nice as the upper 1% of the nicest of those pedigrees, and Nicer!!

Believe me I love the Strasser’s and Yakima’s, but this group of weird tales are pushing to another level.  The inks still look wet on the cover like they were just printed!  Pictures don’t do them justice as the whites on the logo are blazing white, no matter what I couldn’t get the pics to show the whiteness with my limited photography skills...LOL!

71481B5A-07E3-46AA-8B8E-DD6AEF70912A.jpeg

7C12C28F-9E22-45DE-BD6C-CD847D4160D3.jpeg

2BFE23AD-71D6-47FD-8EEF-718A7092E308.jpeg

CDF8C870-1EA1-4FD3-8232-638E3963D6C3.jpeg

I can not believe the vibrancy and lushness of these black and blue covers!  I have a Yakima and it’s very nice but not like these!  Would love to see more examples from this collection when you have time.   Thanks for posting!!