• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, RedFury said:

The Thrill Book, Vol 2 No 6, Sep 15 1919

Got this one from Dwight.  Super-scarce in any grade, The Thrill Book was the first science-fiction and fantasy pulp, pre-dating Weird Tales by 4 years and Amazing Stories by 7.  

FtVJaoCh.jpg

Just goes to show the monumental career of William F. Jenkins. He not only survived, but thrived, from the earliest space opera genre stories through the entire John Campbell thinking man's story demands. A Giant who never gave in or faded away from new storytelling ideas!

And a couple more Argosy issues from my LCS; the March 11 1922 was the last issue from March 1922 I needed.  I enjoy the off register covers occasionally, so it's kinda fun to see this one.  I wouldn't like all my books like that, though.

The Sept. 26, 1936 issue has part two of "Tarzan and the Magic Men", which was eventually part of Tarzan the Magnificent.

Argosy_1922_03_11.jpg

Argosy_1936_09_26.jpg

10 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

pulp2.jpg

My Gramps was an umpire for decades,from the fifties up to the late nineties.He would have loved this.(I still have an old chest plate like that,and his old ball,strike,out counter)

That Amazing Quarterly is AMAZING!Too cool.

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

My Gramps was an umpire for decades,from the fifties up to the late nineties.He would have loved this.(I still have an old chest plate like that,and his old ball,strike,out counter)

Did he keep the bottles, (partially eaten) apples & oranges that were thrown at him?

On 8/22/2019 at 6:20 PM, OtherEric said:

And a couple more Argosy issues from my LCS; the March 11 1922 was the last issue from March 1922 I needed.  I enjoy the off register covers occasionally, so it's kinda fun to see this one.  I wouldn't like all my books like that, though.

The Sept. 26, 1936 issue has part two of "Tarzan and the Magic Men", which was eventually part of Tarzan the Magnificent.

Argosy_1922_03_11.jpg

I don't know if he goes for pulps,but @Straw-Man likes the off register stuff.I think it's real neat too!