• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

That is true. But I was first on the load. Just didn't know any better. It was early on in my collecting career and funds were limited. So I grabbed the ones I wanted the most without a whole of thought to the ones I didn't. Believe me, I went home happy. Here are some of the ones I got.

pulpstrangetales.jpg

Finding books like this is at a fin is a major score, even back then as has been suggested. Some really classic pulps here. (thumbsu

An old collector explained to me once, something to this effect: a storeowner who buys a suit for $20 and sells it for a $100 when the next guy through the door might've paid $120 is a sorry lot indeed if he focuses on the $20 he thinks he lost rather than the $80 he just made.  :preach:

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

That is true. But I was first on the load. Just didn't know any better. It was early on in my collecting career and funds were limited. So I grabbed the ones I wanted the most without a whole of thought to the ones I didn't. Believe me, I went home happy. Here are some of the ones I got.

pulpstrangetales.jpg

pulpspider1.jpg

pulpstrangestories.jpg

pulpweirdtales9:33.jpg

pulpthrillingmystery2.jpg

pulpgman2.jpg

pulpdimemystery1.jpg

You did very well my friend!

4 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

A recent purchase. I need to get a bookshelf that properly displays these. Comic boxes just don’t feel right. 

EECA7A32-DC57-4934-B989-7A81E44DED68.jpeg

The wrong woman has the red dress but i still like it 

2 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Finding books like this is at a fin is a major score, even back then as has been suggested. Some really classic pulps here. (thumbsu

An old collector explained to me once, something to this effect: a storeowner who buys a suit for $20 and sells it for a $100 when the next guy through the door might've paid $120 is a sorry lot indeed if he focuses on the $20 he thinks he lost rather than the $80 he just made.  :preach:

Oh, I’m not complaining. I was over the moon to get these with first pick. I probably got 20-25. Best pulp load I’ve ever seen in the wild. 

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Oh, I’m not complaining. I was over the moon to get these with first pick. I probably got 20-25. Best pulp load I’ve ever seen in the wild. 

Yeah, they're outstanding. The only pulps I see with any frequency these days are Railroad Stories. I don't even see Ranch Romances anymore. I found a really nice Spider a few years ago, asked how much, and the guy told me $50.  :/

Thing is, it was in nice enough shape I still bought it.  It would've been a nicer pill to swallow at five bucks, of course. :whistle: