• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,092 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Detective Tales June 1952. I think the crime pulps are my favorites.

IMG_7967.JPG

Visually, this is an interesting device to narrow the frame and direct the viewer's attention to the threatened victim. Very compelling!  (thumbsu

10 minutes ago, Pat Calhoun said:

Nice - posting this because it's a fun Coye cover (and a great book), but really wanted to say 'The House of Sounds' is a phenomenal short story - a reprise of 'The Fall of the House of Usher' done to a turn and then some. A must read !!!

Thanks for the recommendation, Pat!  I already had it queued up to read, but now I'm really looking forward to it. (thumbsu

32 minutes ago, RedFury said:

Went to Pulp AdventureCon yesterday and came home with the cool original by Lee Brown Coye.  Not sure if it was published.  It's dated 1976 and says on the back it's for the M.P. Shiel story "The House of Sounds".  Coye did illustrate an anthology of classic weird lit, Dying of Fright, in 1976, but that story wasn't included.  Maybe it was planned but didn't make the final cut?

Z5eTiUUh.jpg

Coye did the interior illustrations for Derleth’s Sleep No More 1944 edition. The House of Sounds was one of the stories included. Any idea what his illo. for that story was like?

Edited by N e r V