• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

LOVE that issue. I always look for it in “the wild” and have gotton lucky a few times.

I have mine in a GA Mylar with a fullback. 

It was a birthday present from my parents this year after I found one on Amazon for $22.98 shipped. Do you recommend 2 MIL or 4 MIL?

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

2 hours ago, creaturefan95 said:

Not a pulp, but it has similar dimensions to one and, because of this, is too thick for my BCW Golden Age bags. It is currently in an archival sleeve and backed with a magazine board that keeps sliding out. Can anyone here please suggest an ideal solution to protect this Creature from the Black Lagoon photo cover?

Great cover! I tend to place a lot of pulps and DIY mags like this in a golden age bag with a silver board. That usually works since the GA board stretches the bag too tight, but the SA board provides support and leaves some room. If I'm feeling particularly saucy, I sometimes cut about 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the backer board to better frame the mags - looney I know!! (:

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Hit an estate sale yesterday. Found a pile of western pulp front covers only. Didn’t bother me a bit as I only want these for the covers only anyway. Saves some storage space. 

Here are a few of the ones I liked the best.

67EFDF37-45A6-45F8-ABF3-302E7567D811.jpeg

75FD4D7E-DCE7-4630-99C2-735521CBC9A7.jpeg

BE6ACF78-100B-4629-B2E5-2EE82B6CD080.jpeg

C0F42555-E18E-4E62-8CBF-CC7B8679C4CD.jpeg

It is amazing in those days there was any rope left after all the women were tied up. hm