• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,042 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Wondering myself what the Pulp collectors think of the rarity of the Canadian covers ... are the Canadian Docs in the 30s less difficult to find than the Docs in the 40s?

Not really sure.  I think there's probably more interest in the wartime Canadian Docs, because the covers are different than the American editions

11 hours ago, RedFury said:

John Ford Clymer painted only a handful of pulp covers before moving on to the slicks (he later painted over 80 covers for The Saturday Evening Post), but these two covers he did for Romance when it was an adventure fiction magazine are just stunning.  Amazing books, and pretty scarce too.  The interior stories are all historical adventure fiction.  One i read today was about the Irish pirate queen Grace O'Malley (Granuaile).

m4Teg7qh.jpgg4gRssih.jpg

Man, those are purty Fury! Those are what I call "love books"!  The colors are off the charts.

11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Man, those are purty Fury! Those are what I call "love books"!  The colors are off the charts.

Thanks!  I totally agree...these are some of my favorite books in my entire collection.  I just love them and could look at them all day.  Very under-rated books in my opinion.

On 12/20/2019 at 10:07 PM, RedFury said:

John Ford Clymer painted only a handful of pulp covers before moving on to the slicks (he later painted over 80 covers for The Saturday Evening Post), but these two covers he did for Romance when it was an adventure fiction magazine are just stunning.  Amazing books, and pretty scarce too.  The interior stories are all historical adventure fiction.  One i read today was about the Irish pirate queen Grace O'Malley (Granuaile).

m4Teg7qh.jpgg4gRssih.jpg

Great stuff...any other images....super

12 hours ago, detective35 said:

6AD3B195-F3BF-46CA-9D36-BCBA447BA5DB.jpeg

Dwight, in your experience have you found the later Horror Stories and Terror Tales to be more difficult in grade?  Seems like the paper is lower quality than earlier in the run.  

17 minutes ago, detective35 said:

Yes

Whether it was a lower print run or inferior paper that they used, they seem to be a little bit harder to get.

Also, some collectors prefer the earlier cover paintings by Howitt, over the later covers.

Agreed.  The earlier covers are more well executed, but there are a few later ones I've looked for that are pretty over the top, like the one you posted. 

On 12/25/2019 at 11:25 AM, buttock said:

Merry Christmas! 

MVIMG_20191115_133343.jpg

Whoa!That branding! Knocked my stockings off the mantle!

Having had some personal involvement with branding,body modification,that's....speechless!I want a copy!