• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,053 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Amazing Stories Vol 24 Number 7- Yakima

There is something about glossy covers, relatively nice overhangs and the impossible white or ow/w paper on these that really appeals to me

Robert Gibson Jones (cover artist) had some fantastic girl art in this period too with the famous Whispering Gorilla and Dog Biting Girl cover among others.

IMG_0091.PNG

This has been my computer desktop pic since you 1st posted it!  (thumbsu

3 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

March 1939 they were a little lazy or short on time or budget apparently with this Spicy Detective. I don't mind though :cloud9:

lf.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Romantic Detective- April 1938

IMG_0092.PNG

I think it was a ways back at one time I mentioned pulp collecting could be a good thing for you to get into.

Its been fun watching you kind of go “all in” lately with your collecting. 

Curious was it solely because you did mostly with what you wanted in comics or did something else trigger you into comics predecessor the bloody pulps...?  

Quick question if someone wouldn't mind helping.

I'm looking at a weird tales from 1935, and when comparing it to other copies of the same book, I noticed that the one i was looking at was different on the cover. 

All the other copies had a stamp on the left side of the W with NRA in it.  The copy I'm looking at has no NRA stamp.  Is the stamp less copy possibly a replication trying to be passed off as the original?  Or did some cooies not get the stamp?

6 hours ago, N e r V said:

I think it was a ways back at one time I mentioned pulp collecting could be a good thing for you to get into.

Its been fun watching you kind of go “all in” lately with your collecting. 

Curious was it solely because you did mostly with what you wanted in comics or did something else trigger you into comics predecessor the bloody pulps...?  

The pulps obviously have everything that appeals to me but even Moreso than comics as far as cover art images. 

I got through getting every comic that appealed to me and figured I would work on the same with pulps. 

I actually find it harder to let go of these though. I really am even more drawn to them emotionally for some reason. Someday I will let them go but not today or even this year.  

2 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

I'm looking at a weird tales from 1935, and when comparing it to other copies of the same book, I noticed that the one i was looking at was different on the cover. 

All the other copies had a stamp on the left side of the W with NRA in it.  The copy I'm looking at has no NRA stamp.  Is the stamp less copy possibly a replication trying to be passed off as the original?  Or did some cooies not get the stamp?

First guess... and without a scan it’s purely a guess... is Canadian edition.

17 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

3 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

I know one issue from that year that’s less fun to look at in Canadian...:censored:

52E11512-32D0-4D22-9E0E-EEB135482A37.jpeg.5732d1c695121acf184902020f1f3f0a.jpeg

96B7FB6C-EF0E-4DE9-8C53-15F5D6D3500E.jpeg.09085f4dfe223a87ff2540f4a1e77139.jpeg

11 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Spoke with another board member, and it looks like some white out was put over the NRA box possibly.  Auction ended before I realized that so I passed.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Weird-Tales-February-1935-Robert-E-Howard-Brundage-Cover/114044527236