• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Surfing Alien said:

Postman brought me some goodies today too. Two of my highest want list Planet space babe covers. I think the March 1952 cover by Anderson is my favorite of the whole run, although babes in test tubes are always cool.

20200215_223255.jpg

20200215_223324.jpg

I love that March 52 cover.

Rec’d Bookery’s new Pulp Price Guide today, very pleased with the production plus it’s crammed full of interesting information.

Quickly scanned a few titles, listed prices seem low to me but then I only purchase a few titles and besides it’s only a guide.

Steve,

I agree, it’s a great reference guide as were his other two, However, this  one is much more of a highly polished version.  Tim is to be commended for all his hard work.

With this one is now being distributed through Heritage it will hit alot more people.

As for the prices, some of books/runs are maybe a little too low, and some little too high, which is typical of most price guides.  Some of the prices on some of the key box in top grade as just hypothetical, and I think a little too high.

However this is just a guide and the market will dictate the pricing.

I have heard some people say the prices are too low based on the Glynn Crain auction, Tim said he was careful not to base prices on one auction when two people got in a contest and drove the book prices up.

If we have learned anything in the past don’t  base prices on a one time sale at a big promoted  auction ( ie Spicy mystery Fec 35 that sold for 9K).  That was also the  case with the McLaughlin auction when certain pulps  went crazy and a couple years later they went back at auction at heritage and sold for a third of the price.  

Overall Tim has done a great job.  I highly recommend this price guide which is also an outstanding reference guide!

Edited by detective35DF

Tim,

Fantastic work on your new pulp guide. I also received my copy today. The first two sections "What are the Pulps" and "The Influence of the Pulps" are extremely well written and informative. I also appreciated the listing of pulp authors with notable works and or titles they were published in towards the end of the book.