• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Amazing Stories- May 1928

I really like these early sci-fi bedsheets

This site has some great story synopsis and writer comments  

https://amazingstories.com/2019/05/amazing-histories-may-1928-inventions-and-invertebrates/

FFC7B8DC-8C1E-4EFB-90BA-F9746929A338.jpeg

Along with early Weird Tales, the Amazing Stories bedsheets are my favorite pulps - wish I could find more with nice paper!

Author Fletcher Pratt (the cover story here) also created a popular set of rules for naval wargame miniatures, I actually played (on the floor) them when I was a teenager.

32 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Along with early Weird Tales, the Amazing Stories bedsheets are my favorite pulps - wish I could find more with nice paper!

Author Fletcher Pratt (the cover story here) also created a popular set of rules for naval wargame miniatures, I actually played (on the floor) them when I was a teenager.

That’s pretty awesome Steve! I have a couple Amazing Stories bedsheets now but the page quality is cream/ow. 

Two questions come to mind;

1. Do you still have a copy of those rules?

2. Is the PQ on the rules to your standards? :wink:

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

1 hour ago, Pat Calhoun said:

The Allen Anderson Planet covers are a worthy quest: he rules. There may be a few comic covers with his work as well. Plus, recently read 'Witch of the Demon Seas', an awesome fantasy novella by the great Poul Anderson.

0plwitch.jpg

img273.jpg

I'm reading Poul Anderson's Captive of the Centaurianess in the March '52 Planet right now. It's funny and definitely a breezier, more compelling read than some of the others.

11 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

https://amazingstories.com/2019/05/amazing-histories-may-1928-inventions-and-invertebrates/

Some cover :smile:

11 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Absolutely love it! May we get s'more Frank R Paul awesomeness posted in this thread? :cloud9:

3 hours ago, Supernerd said:

Absolutely love it! May we get s'more Frank R Paul awesomeness posted in this thread? :cloud9:

Here's a couple I have handy, skipping the August 1928 since @Ricksneatstuff already showed it... and it's possibly the single scan I've shared on these boards the most times.  I still can't quite believe I own a copy.

Amazing_Stories_1927_September.jpg

Amazing_Stories_1929_March.jpg