• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,047 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Uncanny Tales- November 1939

5EFEE3B8-A243-443A-8129-1A2BCA60E22E.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Uncanny Tales - May 1940

Ive backed off of horror pulps but these I needed to keep for now

04C30524-A6A5-47C2-B5C8-20AAF25A4171.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Uncanny Tales- August 1939

91048501-B523-45E3-8452-ADBAB4B59A1B.jpeg

I do not find it “Uncanny” that you would keep those. Cool if not a bit kinky. I mean, what the hell are they doing to those poor girls..,o.O

9 hours ago, Surfing Alien said:

One of the first comic books I bought off the newstand was a Frank Brunner Dr. Strange so i'm honored to have acquired Franks personal copy of Argosy with Abraham Merritts Dwellers in the Mirage.  From what I understand it's a hard copy to find in nice shape...

20200226_001212.jpg

That's cool!  How did you get it from him?  Was it in person or off the bay somehow?  I know it's possible.  I got a printers proof of the History Of Comics by Steranko from Steranko that he had in his files for 40 years off of ebay.  He sent it signed and I have it framed.  :)  

11 hours ago, Surfing Alien said:

One of the first comic books I bought off the newstand was a Frank Brunner Dr. Strange so i'm honored to have acquired Franks personal copy of Argosy with Abraham Merritts Dwellers in the Mirage.  From what I understand it's a hard copy to find in nice shape...

20200226_001212.jpg

Nice! As with many pulps, never seen that one. Argosy seems to get a bad rap. There are many great ones with great covers and stories. Unfortunatly, since it was a weekly, there are more weak ones than great ones. I still bump into cool ones here and there. 

2 hours ago, pmpknface said:

That's cool!  How did you get it from him?  Was it in person or off the bay somehow?  I know it's possible.  I got a printers proof of the History Of Comics by Steranko from Steranko that he had in his files for 40 years off of ebay.  He sent it signed and I have it framed.  :)  

Thanks. Yeah, i got some things from him off eBay and have corresponded a bit with him by email. 

I really should get an autograph on something but I'm trying not to be too much of a fanboy. It's hard when you've admired someone's work since you were a teenager like I was when I bought Howard the Duck #1 and Dr. Strange books off the newsstand!

59 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nice! As with many pulps, never seen that one. Argosy seems to get a bad rap. There are many great ones with great covers and stories. Unfortunatly, since it was a weekly, there are more weak ones than great ones. I still bump into cool ones here and there. 

Yeah, you just have to scroll through them a lot when you see them. I have picked up a few others besides those two sports covers I posted. This is certainly the only Argosy I have seen with a bare breasted woman on the cover! Combined with a giant octopus and the cover 1st appearance of a major Fantasy author's most famous work, it's a triple play :cloud9:

On 2/26/2020 at 10:35 AM, Robot Man said:

On 2/26/2020 at 11:41 AM, Surfing Alien said:

Yeah, you just have to scroll through them a lot when you see them. I have picked up a few others besides those two sports covers I posted. This is certainly the only Argosy I have seen with a bare breasted woman on the cover! Combined with a giant octopus and the cover 1st appearance of a major Fantasy author's most famous work, it's a triple play :cloud9:

I'm probably in the minority, but I love those tangential covers. You can find Argosy's with a splash of everything: sci-fi, war, detective, sports, adventure - heck, even pirate covers! For me, that's part of the fun. I love the shudder books, but c'mon, how many different ways can you figure out how to imprison a woman in an over-sized tube??  O.o