• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,042 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, RedFury said:

Dwight, you need to get this one, the classic "invisible man" cover!

20nHvXMh.jpg

I am not a "professional: pulp collector like some of you guys but have picked up a few in my many years of collecting. I have heard of that one but never actually seen a copy. Real cool!

8 minutes ago, RedFury said:

So here's the book I teased about a few days ago.  This has been on my wish-list forever, and while I've come close a few times I've never actually been able to acquire one before now.  This is a scarce book, and this is by far the highest grade copy I've seen.  The cover is super-clean, smooth, and glossy.  Pages are insanely white.

The cover is by Norman Saunders, signed "Blaine" (his middle name), to protect his reputation.  

Saucy Stories, April 1936

saCKwEih.jpg

zP0GHMdh.jpg

E1YMgTdh.jpg

6CsIhhXh.jpg

What a beauty! That is truly what I call white pages. Again, never seen that one. Next to Horror and Crime, the "girly" pulps are my favorites.

18 minutes ago, RedFury said:

So here's the book I teased about a few days ago.  This has been on my wish-list forever, and while I've come close a few times I've never actually been able to acquire one before now.  This is a scarce book, and this is by far the highest grade copy I've seen.  The cover is super-clean, smooth, and glossy.  Pages are insanely white.

The cover is by Norman Saunders, signed "Blaine" (his middle name), to protect his reputation.  

Saucy Stories, April 1936

saCKwEih.jpg

zP0GHMdh.jpg

E1YMgTdh.jpg

6CsIhhXh.jpg

Superb copy, especially considering it’s a black cover. White pages. :cloud9:

37 minutes ago, RedFury said:

Big thanks to Dwight for the Saucy Stories.  I know all the Saucys he got out of that collection last year had bone-white pages as you can see above.

The primary book I gave up to get it, Thrill Book from Sep 15 1919, went to pulp scholar and collector John Locke.  Thrill Book is an incredibly rare and important book in its own right, but you have to make sacrifices sometimes!  

FtVJaoCl.jpg

I don’t know but that Saucy Stories gives me a far bigger “thrill” than that Thrill Book...:roflmao:

2 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

Here’s a fun little item.  It’s not really a pulp, more of a thin magazine, but it’s cover art feels pulpy.  I like it in any case!  

F7B9A519-F029-4ACD-98B9-A9F7BF86BDAC.jpeg

Cool title. I recently sold a few of those but I will let the new owners post them if they want. Been looking for the motorcycle cover issue for a while.