• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,050 posts in this topic

Geez, that Yakima Shadow looks like it was printed yesterday. :applause:

(Dwight, there’s a seller [thejudge01] over in the Marketplace with a Shadow bound volume from 1933 if you’re interested)

7 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Geez, that Yakima Shadow looks like it was printed yesterday. :applause:

(Dwight, there’s a seller [thejudge01] over in the Marketplace with a Shadow bound volume from 1933 if you’re interested)

Thanks Steve on the info.

Yes, they are nice.  I have 43 Shadow Yakima’s that I have picked up over the years.

Edited by detective35DF

27 minutes ago, detective35 said:

Of all of my Shadows, this is my favorite.

The Strasser copy of “The Partners of Peril” from Nov. 1/36.  

In my opinion it is the quintessential image of The Shadow himself (now if I had a Creeping Death in this condition they would be tied dead even as my favorite, as I think The Creeping Death is the overall most popular image). 

The white is so white on this cover that looks like it’s just been printed!  If there’s any yellow tinge in the picture at all in the white, it’s just from the scanner.  The paper is white like the Yakima, but I’m not going to risk taking a picture of the paper.

BTW:  Much of the storyline was swiped by Bob Kane and later used in Detective 27 

AA414FB2-5594-4F4A-82D9-965AE87242F9.jpeg

Beautiful!