• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,092 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RedFury said:

Mail call!  H. Rider Haggard's Ayesha, the Return of She (the sequel to 1887's She) was serialized over 8 parts in The Popular Magazine in 1905.  The first three had story covers, and this is the third.

How about that 1905 spine? :whatthe:  :luhv:

82tfVYGh.jpg

B9Kvciuh.jpg

Amazing condition for the age Todd :headbang:

33 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Side note, anyone know the difference (without looking it up) between a zeppelin and a blimp?

Zeppelin = Steel frame for the inner structure of the lifting chamber.

Blimp = big balloon

12 hours ago, OtherEric said:

In today.  Like I've said before, I consider Arkham House sufficiently pulp-adjacent to be worth posting here.  Almost done with the Solar Pons books, maybe I should start looking into the other books from the Mycroft  & Moran imprint...

Solar_Pons_07.jpg

I love Arkham House books, as well as other specialty publishers like Shasta, Gnome Press, Fantasy Press and others who specialized in collecting pulp stories in hardcover editions.  Congrats on acquiring a few more Arkhams!

Shameless plug. I have a Facebook group for collectors of these books if anyone would like to check it out: Collecting Weird, Sci-Fi, & Fantasy Specialty Publishers

11 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Took this out to count pages and it occurred to me that I can’t remember posting it. It’s my lone pulp, but it works. Beyond the Black River is one of my favorite Conan stories!

34BBEE32-BEF5-4AC9-8851-673F95FA7F3E.thumb.jpeg.72f4831ccb9082609f9aaa80ea4b40b6.jpeg

Pulp people like spine shots.

74106719-6450-4E58-AE1C-911BCB289C2A.thumb.jpeg.098d16a97424ef2bf6c679c060a8aad1.jpeg

I’m curious; do most Conan stories have an illustration? I’m glad mine does.

And finally... I can’t read this. Anyone?

0AC78FFF-5FF3-4F8F-B233-66C9A968EBFB.thumb.jpeg.9ca5633dd8dbefbaf6e6685f874f3663.jpeg

That one has been on my want list for a while, it's a great cover and a great Conan story.

I THINK they writing says...

"All the sick, lame + lazy -"

Naval sick call (bugle)

But I can't be sure.  I was Air Force, myself.

Just now, OtherEric said:

That one has been on my want list for a while, it's a great cover and a great Conan story.

I THINK they writing says...

"All the sick, lame + lazy -"

Naval sick call (bugle)

But I can't be sure.  I was Air Force, myself.

That makes a ton of sense! Thanks!