• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,042 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Here's another "should not be/ Freak Of Nature" grade on a 1934 Pulp... and what a wild cover. These red robed guys showed up a lot back in those days. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

DSCN0070.JPG

DSCN0071 (2).JPG

Love it!  Still need a copy of that one.  Great stuff Jim!

A big thanks to you guys who participate here regularly … I wouldn't have even known to want many of these if not for you all. Up until about a couple years ago all I knew about pulps was first Buck, first Tarzan, first Conan, and the Shadows …. GOD BLESS...

10 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Here's another "should not be/ Freak Of Nature" grade on a 1934 Pulp... and what a wild cover. These red robed guys showed up a lot back in those days. GOD BLESS...

DSCN0071 (2).JPG

Extremely cool Jim! :headbang:

55 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

"Through the Gate of the Silver Key" …. love that story. First appeared in print in this beauty. GOD BLESS....

DSCN0090 (2).JPG

DSCN0091 (2).JPG

I know you were really looking forward to that one!  Some stunning gloss on that cover.

5 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I know you were really looking forward to that one!  Some stunning gloss on that cover.

Thanks, my friend …. It was a VG/F, which I felt about covered it. I'm also going to seek out the first printing of "The Strange Case of Charles Dexter Ward" … in Weird Tales 5/41 and 7/41 … I think. GOD BLESS...

3 hours ago, detective35 said:

My copy of the first Conan. Creamy interior paper and blood red spine.

AAB67EA8-7A1D-421F-930D-92C5028C2540.jpeg

I saw this one peeking out from the top of a stack in your safe photos.... what a classic :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

Lou Gehrig

This photo of Lou Gehrig was taken in early 1937, the last of Gehrig's great seasons.  The pulp is dated Jul-Aug 1937.  In 1938 his numbers began to slip due to the onset of the disease that would take his life, ALS.  By spring 1939 is was obvious something was seriously wrong with Gehrig and he removed himself from the lineup on May 2, 1939 after playing in a then record 2,130 consecutive games.   He passed away on June 2, 1941 at the age of 37.

3RJOsQGl.jpgQMwQqMVl.jpg

37 minutes ago, detective35 said:

Just a quick update for everyone!

Pulp Fest which was to take place this August  in Pittsburgh,  has officially been CANCELED!

Dwight

The right decision, of course, but missing Pulpfest makes me sad. :cry: