• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Surfing Alien said:

Here's my mail call today, another inexpensive war cover. It's hard to beat a Kuttner/Moore story, and a red DeSoto cover with a GI punching a Nazi in the face, a male harpy and a babe over a futuristic city background.

At first I thought the right edge was trimmed but it looks too perfect and appears to be wrapped to the back with an outsized overhang on the rear. Any expert opinion would be appreciated.20200601_163845.thumb.jpg.8d43d4d2ba485d49dcee3ca8a668bfef.jpg

20200601_163907.thumb.jpg.1ae06344052f2cce53da99de470721a0.jpg

20200601_163920.thumb.jpg.8097cede0584f92b9d70c29081e588e9.jpg

I think you're right that it's a miswrap, not trimmed.

12 minutes ago, Surfing Alien said:

Here's my mail call today, another inexpensive war cover. It's hard to beat a Kuttner/Moore story, and a red DeSoto cover with a GI punching a Nazi in the face, a male harpy and a babe over a futuristic city background.

At first I thought the right edge was trimmed but it looks too perfect and appears to be wrapped to the back with an outsized overhang on the rear. Any expert opinion would be appreciated.20200601_163845.thumb.jpg.8d43d4d2ba485d49dcee3ca8a668bfef.jpg

20200601_163907.thumb.jpg.1ae06344052f2cce53da99de470721a0.jpg

20200601_163920.thumb.jpg.8097cede0584f92b9d70c29081e588e9.jpg

:applause:I like it! Cool War cover. 

Speaking of War covers, are there many Hitler Pulp covers? I've only been able to find two examples from Internet searches.

Is Dymamic Science Stories #2 the first Hitler Pulp cover? If it is, it's a double whammy being produced by Martin Goodman's  Red Circle (Timely Pulp branch), as Goodman's comics line also produced the first Hitler comic book cover. But DSS preceded Cap 1 by two years I believe. 

35 minutes ago, Surfing Alien said:

At first I thought the right edge was trimmed but it looks too perfect and appears to be wrapped to the back with an outsized overhang on the rear. Any expert opinion would be appreciated.

You had me at "Kuttner/Moore"!

Yes, I think it's just mis-wrapped, not trimmed.  You can see how the spine is off by 1/8 or 1/4 inch.  That's front cover that's moved to the spine.

23 minutes ago, sagii said:

Speaking of War covers, are there many Hitler Pulp covers? I've only been able to find two examples from Internet searches.

Is Dymamic Science Stories #2 the first Hitler Pulp cover? If it is, it's a double whammy being produced by Martin Goodman's  Red Circle (Timely Pulp branch), as Goodman's comics line also produced the first Hitler comic book cover. But DSS preceded Cap 1 by two years I believe. 

Yes, I believe Dynamic Science Stories #2 is the first Hitler cover.  It's from Apr 1939, really early.

qLgXtpkh.jpg

24 minutes ago, sagii said:

It's a digest, if you consider those separate from pulps, but there's this one.  Not my copy, found online.  Or is this the 2nd one you were thinking of?

10-97255.jpg

1 minute ago, OtherEric said:

It's a digest, if you consider those separate from pulps, but there's this one.  Not my copy, found online.  Or is this the 2nd one you were thinking of?

10-97255.jpg

That was the second one i was thinking of. 

20 minutes ago, RedFury said:

No Hitler on the cover (the man is a self-portrait by Hannes Bok), but the story "I Killed Hitler"  by Ralph Milne Farley is the first time a story about going back in time to kill young Hitler ever appeared.  July 1941 issue.

cG0Ma34h.jpg

That's a real beauty Red!

Some real nice popping colors there, and great cover to boot!

21 minutes ago, RedFury said:

No Hitler on the cover (the man is a self-portrait by Hannes Bok), but the story "I Killed Hitler"  by Ralph Milne Farley is the first time a story about going back in time to kill young Hitler ever appeared.  July 1941 issue.

cG0Ma34h.jpg

This one also has the first in print second part to "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward" … one of my very favorite Lovecraft stories. I wouldn't mind a VF rage copy of that one. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

No Railroad collection is complete without this one.... GOD BLESS....

DSCN0162.JPG

Very nice! That title had some really out there degree of Weird Menace 

1 minute ago, sagii said:

Very nice! That title had some really out there degree of Weird Menace 

You can say that again …. here's one for the "foot fetish" chaps in the crowd... GOD BLESS....

DSCN0158.JPG

2 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Those remind me of "G-8 and his Battle Aces" … those have some cool colorful covers as well. Payette has most of the run of G-8 on his website, many are high grade John McLaughlin copies. He doesn't list images, but is an excellent grader and accepts returns with no hassle. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesius)(thumbsu

… just received this from Dave Smith of Fantasy Illustrated.... I expected this to be on my want list for a long time, people who have them usually don't want to sell....

DSCN0164.JPG

:x Hottie alert! 

Congrats :applause: