• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,107 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RedFury said:

That's the first issue of Spicy Adventure, the first Spicy overall.  So it's not even like they worked their way up to decapitation.  They started there.  

If you look closely, he's not decapitated, the head is being cradled in the other guy's arm. You can see his shirt collar and flesh from his chest below.

2 minutes ago, rjpb said:

If you look closely, he's not decapitated, the head is being cradled in the other guy's arm. You can see his shirt collar and flesh from his chest below.

Aw, man...lol

3 minutes ago, rjpb said:

hm

I think you're right.

My mistake

H.J. Ward, the painter of this, and many of the Spicy pulp covers, is reported to have used his wife Viola as a life model, which would explain why it looks like the same woman being menaced, though with a variety of hair colors and styles. One wonders if she just held the various poses, or if he actually tied her up for a number of covers.

3 hours ago, rjpb said:

H.J. Ward, the painter of this, and many of the Spicy pulp covers, is reported to have used his wife Viola as a life model, which would explain why it looks like the same woman being menaced, though with a variety of hair colors and styles. One wonders if she just held the various poses, or if he actually tied her up for a number of covers.

…. maybe it depended on what sort of mood he was in …. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

6 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Parkhurst is growing on me

A19399E7-33A7-4FA6-AC88-085F833A5E66.jpeg

I especially like the Spicy's with a gal that looks like she might be able to turn the tables on the sleazebags.... This one fits the bill …. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu