• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,038 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I wasn’t saying that anyone shouldn’t look at it. I was saying, that I shouldn’t look because the last thing I need is a fall further down the hole of pulp collecting. Last thing I need to do now is to jump hard into a new collecting pool. 

Glad to know the resource is available and will take a peek when I get the time. 

I knew exactly what you were saying.  I was the same way when Gerber's photo journal guides came out.  My want just went from 20 comics to 500 comics...LOL!!

On 6/23/2020 at 5:28 AM, jimjum12 said:

www.mycomicshop.com

You do have to enter in a title, so you have to know what you want to look at ... although he probably has a search filter for Pulps only. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I've gotten some very good pulps and digests from mycomicshop.com.  The current catch is their pricing on pulps and digests can be all over the map, I've gotten books for crazy low prices and I've seen digests listing for way more than you could find them elsewhere.

The other thing you need to be aware of is mycomicshop.com are some of the most inaccurate graders I've ever seen.  Almost everything unslabbed is at least a full point better than what they claim it is, and frequently closer to two points.  I have a Four Color 402 that has to be at least an 8.5 that they listed and sold as a 5.0. 

I didn't say their consistent inaccurate grading was a bad thing, just that you should be aware! :nyah:

6 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I've gotten some very good pulps and digests from mycomicshop.com.  The current catch is their pricing on pulps and digests can be all over the map, I've gotten books for crazy low prices and I've seen digests listing for way more than you could find them elsewhere.

The other thing you need to be aware of is mycomicshop.com are some of the most inaccurate graders I've ever seen.  Almost everything unslabbed is at least a full point better than what they claim it is, and frequently closer to two points.  I have a Four Color 402 that has to be at least an 8.5 that they listed and sold as a 5.0. 

I didn't say their consistent inaccurate grading was a bad thing, just that you should be aware! :nyah:

I started just using their site for a "PhotoJournal On Steroids" ... they have front covers of just about everything. I used to think their prices were a little high, then I discovered how solid the grading was... noticing the same thing you did. I've bought many books from them since then. I imagine they don't get many returns. GOD BLESS....

1 minute ago, jimjum12 said:

I started just using their site for a "PhotoJournal On Steroids" ... they have front covers of just about everything. I used to think their prices were a little high, then I discovered how solid the grading was... noticing the same thing you did. I've bought many books from them since then. I imagine they don't get many returns. GOD BLESS....

I've probably bought close to 1000 books from them over the years; I've had to return exactly 1, and that was quick and painless as those things go.  It wasn't even the sort of error I blame them for; the book was sold as cover detached and it can be easy to miss if a loose cover is on a different issue of the title.

On 6/23/2020 at 7:28 AM, jimjum12 said:

www.mycomicshop.com

You do have to enter in a title, so you have to know what you want to look at ... although he probably has a search filter for Pulps only. GOD BLESS....

Thanks. I’ve been on the site many times, they are located a few minutes from me

20 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I was VERY impressed with the depth of pulps that are indexed there. If Buddy or Conan was ever in SE Virginia, I would LOVE to buy them dinner... anywhere they wanted. I can't begin to thank them for all the help their site has provided. If you want to find the cover for a comic or related magazine, Google is a waste of time in comparison. GOD BLESS...

Because of their site, for example, I learned that I wanted this ...

ADSCN8540.JPG

12 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

8CC1B628-7683-4664-B22D-A252E34A5E52.jpeg

:applause:These are OUTSTANDING gents!!

Got some new Oriental Stories and found this tucked inside the 6th issue.  Never saw this before!

My guess is that people who subscribed right away when the magazine began, who were most likely Weird Tales fans since Oriental Stories was its sister publication, got this subscription renewal notice in the 6th issue, which was 1 year later.

DrKSrUAh.jpg

1 hour ago, RedFury said:

Got some new Oriental Stories and found this tucked inside the 6th issue.  Never saw this before!

My guess is that people who subscribed right away when the magazine began, who were most likely Weird Tales fans since Oriental Stories was its sister publication, got this subscription renewal notice in the 6th issue, which was 1 year later.

DrKSrUAh.jpg

Unbelievable...Awesome!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

23 23