• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

Two in today, courtesy of @asimovpulps:  The September 1940 Super Science Stories, Asimov's first Robot story; and the June 1942 Astounding, featuring the second Foundation story and the first Foundation cover.  I'm getting close to a complete set of the Foundation stories in Astounding.

Super_Science_Stories_1940_09.jpg

Astonishing_1942_06.jpg

2 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Two in today, courtesy of @asimovpulps:  The September 1940 Super Science Stories, Asimov's first Robot story; and the June 1942 Astounding, featuring the second Foundation story and the first Foundation cover.  I'm getting close to a complete set of the Foundation stories in Astounding.

Super_Science_Stories_1940_09.jpg

Astonishing_1942_06.jpg

Completing the Foundation series was what got me into pulp collecting in the first place, I'm excited you're getting close and happy to have made a small contribution :)

I'm curious which ones you have left to complete the set?

56 minutes ago, asimovpulps said:

Completing the Foundation series was what got me into pulp collecting in the first place, I'm excited you're getting close and happy to have made a small contribution :)

I'm curious which ones you have left to complete the set?

The August 1944 issue; although it was in between my posting the two books today and you asking that I ordered a copy of the October 1944 issue, so waiting on that.

I'm actually trying to put together a complete run of the Campbell Astounding/Analog run; I'm only at about 40% so far.  But some of the issues are getting a lot harder to find, fast, right now.

On 9/22/2020 at 10:10 PM, OtherEric said:

The August 1944 issue; although it was in between my posting the two books today and you asking that I ordered a copy of the October 1944 issue, so waiting on that.

And now I've only got the one issue to go.  This is one of only two Foundation stories that didn't get the cover, although serials only got the cover on the first issue.

Astounding_1944_10.jpg

Finally.....been looking for a copy of the April 1928 Amazing Stories for a while. I have some Astounding bedsheets from the 40s, but was shocked at the sheer size of this one when it arrived. It's the only pulp I grabbed specifically for the cover, as I tend to focus on authors/stories.

No time for scan, sorry for the glare!

PXL_20201023_022150095.thumb.jpg.65ef203c78459493d45bc24db7f822ff.jpg

4 hours ago, asimovpulps said:

Finally.....been looking for a copy of the April 1928 Amazing Stories for a while. I have some Astounding bedsheets from the 40s, but was shocked at the sheer size of this one when it arrived. It's the only pulp I grabbed specifically for the cover, as I tend to focus on authors/stories.

No time for scan, sorry for the glare!

PXL_20201023_022150095.thumb.jpg.65ef203c78459493d45bc24db7f822ff.jpg

Nice!  I know that you had been looking for that one for a while now.  It really is a stunning cover design.

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Recent pick up from NYC ... Cool sci-fi cover with a Schomburg illo at a reasonable price :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

PULP STARTLING 3-40.jpeg

PULP STARTLING 3-40i.jpeg

Is it this one, Jimjum?

0E017E3F-FE5E-43D5-B9D9-26FF16A973E7.thumb.jpeg.96b3ec81db44eb90b9a4cd4b490c6661.jpeg

That Bob Olsen story appeared earlier in a 1929 Science Wonder Stories. He was a mentor to a teenage Ray Bradbury, FYI...