• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,037 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

Antique store pickup in Maine a few weeks ago-

IMG_0261.jpg.1962f0d87a063b9b0de39d76cee644a0.jpg

Curious if any chance that issue has mention of Women's suffrage in it?
That cover looks tailor made to the movement of the time...

9 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Curious if any chance that issue has mention of Women's suffrage in it?
That cover looks tailor made to the movement of the time...

Doesn't look like it, it has a novel, serial stories, short stories, a storiette and Editorials-

IMG_0407.jpg.1451d30a10076089e1d2c69d2db859af.jpg

54 minutes ago, Norrin's lawyer said:

I LOVE this pulp... so happy to own it.  Thanks Jim! 

47800F0D-EE94-4B5F-A7FA-9E13988F8C59.thumb.jpeg.fbc7935f4e7a592f93930ea0f7361b38.jpeg

Congrats, it's a great issue!  Reasons I love it:

• 1st published story by C.L. Moore!
  • 1st appearance of C.L. Moore's best character, Northwest Smith, who may have been an inspiration for Han Solo and Indiana Jones!  The "N.W." written on your cover is probably noting that.
  • Moore's Northwest Smith story, Shambleau, is awesome!  Even though it was her first story, I'm pretty sure it remains her most popular and most anthologized story.
  • Clark Ashton Smith's Averoigne set story, The Holiness of Azédarac, is awesome too!
  • Very nice Brundage cover.  No text on the cover for stories and authors.  Looks great on the black background.
    • Note: I've heard rumors that the model for the cover was Brundage's daughter, but that can't be true.  She didn't have a daughter (she did have a son).

4 hours ago, Norrin's lawyer said:

I LOVE this pulp... so happy to own it.  Thanks Jim! 

47800F0D-EE94-4B5F-A7FA-9E13988F8C59.thumb.jpeg.fbc7935f4e7a592f93930ea0f7361b38.jpeg

Definitely one I would love a copy of.   It's the sort of copy that's right in my wheelhouse, as well... not so high grade that you can't afford it or are afraid to read it, but still presents wonderfully.  Just enough marks of age and wear to add character.

Mail day! Fun one came in today, Amazing Stories - March 1929, featuring Airlords of Han which is the second Buck Rogers story to appear in Amazing Stories (after August 1928). Also the first Buck Rogers story with a cover which is pretty cool. 

Small chip on the bottom right corner, otherwise in fantastic shape and looks unread.

A few other fun ones en route arriving next week, but was excited to post this one.

PXL_20201029_004239966.thumb.jpg.fbcf050f308ca5260da6c719d8f5bc31.jpg

21 hours ago, asimovpulps said:

Mail day! Fun one came in today, Amazing Stories - March 1929, featuring Airlords of Han which is the second Buck Rogers story to appear in Amazing Stories (after August 1928). Also the first Buck Rogers story with a cover which is pretty cool. 

Small chip on the bottom right corner, otherwise in fantastic shape and looks unread.

A few other fun ones en route arriving next week, but was excited to post this one.

PXL_20201029_004239966.thumb.jpg.fbcf050f308ca5260da6c719d8f5bc31.jpg

I really think this one is underrated, as one of only two Buck Rogers appearances in the pulps, and his only pulp cover.  Good luck hunting down the August 1928 issue to go with it!

IMG_20201103_195944689_BURST004.jpg

This bad boy just arrived ... not exactly a Pulp but it does have a cool Fay Wray article with some Kong pics from 1933. It was a gift from a fellow collector who knows what a Kong fan I am. GOD BLESS..

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

MOVIES MAY 1933.jpg

MOVIES MAY 1933b.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

9 hours ago, OtherEric said:

OK, this is a book, not a pulp.  But I still think this is the best place to show it off.  Marginalia is the third Arkham House Lovecraft collection.  While not as impressive as the first two (which are pretty much out of my price range), it still has a lot to recommend it.  It has one story that's the first publication; The Transition of Juan Romero.  It has a half-dozen stories (or fragments of stories) where it's the first professional publication rather than a fanzine or amateur magazine.  It has four stories where this is the first book publication. 

Mostly, it's one of the early Arkham House Lovecraft collections that has never been reprinted, and it's one of the ones that's really Lovecraft, not Derleth trying to pass off his own stories as "posthumous collaborations".  This is, flat out, a major addition and step up in my collection of Lovecraft and I'm insanely happy to have it.

Marginalia.jpg

I think this is a fine place to post this ...  Lovecraft was a mainstay in the Pulp market for a good while. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I've been doing some pulp buying and this set recently arrived.  All single-owner subscription copies slipped back into their original mailer wraps.  :whatthe:  Too bad the corners were probably busted in shipping.  The lot was simply put in a priority mail box (and the mailman threw it off the truck into my front yard).

100_1174.JPG

6 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I've been doing some pulp buying and this set recently arrived.  All single-owner subscription copies slipped back into their original mailer wraps.  :whatthe:  Too bad the corners were probably busted in shipping.  The lot was simply put in a priority mail box (and the mailman threw it off the truck into my front yard).

100_1174.JPG

What type of pulps were they?

33 minutes ago, Yorick said:

100_1174.JPG

I'm guessing those are bedsheet issues?  Neat books, even with garbage packaging...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

23 23