• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,110 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, RedFury said:

I had heard that a new TV show, but honestly I wasn't sure how "real" it was.  I thought it might just be someone who had the rights making a press release and trying to find backers.  But now I see there's very recent news that George Clooney is attached to produce and potentially STAR in the new series.  Whoa!

I really think the August 1928 Amazing, more than just about any other pulp, has the chance to go completely insane right now.  There's the TV show news.  There's the iconic cover and the first appearances.  It has exceptionally high awareness among the comic collectors crossing over into pulps as they get priced out of gold.  And unlike most of the key first appearance pulps, there's enough copies out there to allow a high level of turnover, rather than only one or two copies trading a decade.

We may be looking back in a year or two wishing we had dropped the crazy amounts people are asking at the moment.  I'm just glad I've got my copy.

On 2/24/2021 at 1:59 PM, Surfing Alien said:

My first pulp pickup in quite a while and my first 1920's Weird Tales. "The Hounds of Tindalos" was a favorite from my old Arkham House collection and this is the 1st appearance, along with some other Arkham faves, Derleth, Whitehead and S. Fowler Wright

480079076_WT3-29.thumb.jpg.8789cfd89f7f5e9b6d74080789393700.jpg

Nice‼️Put it under a big stack of books for a self press ‼️👍😷

Well I bought my first Pulp!... But it has a repo cover...that was CLEARLY listed in the item TITLE :facepalm: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WEIRD-TALES-MARCH-1949-REPLICATED-GLOSSY-FRONT-COVER-/124603983460?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=FIWv10PCWNBNMULpmg%2B1vG7SYJ8%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc:roflmao:

Ive always liked this cover so what the heck!

Are any of the stories good?

Scan 2021-3-13 21.17.06.jpg