• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,111 posts in this topic

MobsmenontheSpotNEW-1.jpg

Just picked this up!

Dwight

NIce! Dwight, you've gotta do a Shadow group shot one of these days. :applause:

Love it Dwight!! Awesome early Shadow!

That cover brings back memories - when I was inspired to collect Shadow pulps as a teenager in 1970s by the Pyramid reprints - that was the earliest issue I acquired (out of a total of maybe ten before I lost interest) - I thought the metallic gold cover was extremely cool. Still do :applause:

Here are some of my 1932's. Most are high grade with white/ow paper. It is a tough run to put together, especially in grade.

Just picked up Green Eyes (bottom left), which has a little wear on top and bottom overhangs, but the color strike on this particular issue was unbelievable (replaced two other issues of it I had).

GroupShot2.jpg

Edited by detective35DF

The cumulative effect of that group is :o and (worship)

Truly magnificent! :golfclap:

Posting a pulp? Has the world turned upside-down?

modmecjul33.jpg

I couldn't resist Modern Mechanix and Inventions from Jul-33 for less than the cost of a tall Gingerbread Latté. Wild Norm Saunders cover, great illustrations of unlikely inventions inside, World War (no need to mention which one) code secrets. Fun stuff.

Jack

Airships rule! :headbang:

Jeff, last year while on vacation, I attended a library sale where during the last hour books went on sale for $1 for whatever you could stuff in a grocery bag.

This was part of my haul. :)

airships.jpg

That's from the Time/life History of Flight set right? Behind both Comics, and Stephen King Books, I love collecting Time/life Books! Have a few completed sets already!

Here are some of my 1932's. Most are high grade with white/ow paper. It is a tough run to put together, especially in grade.

Just picked up Green Eyes (bottom left), which has a little wear on top and bottom overhangs, but the color strike on this particular issue was unbelievable (replaced two other issues of it I had).

GroupShot2.jpg

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

You pulp fans might be interested. I didn't see it noted anywhere else on the boards.

Jack

Edward Daniel Cartier passed away on Christmas Day.

According to pulp historian Anthony Tollin, “Edd was one of the all-time

greatest pulp illustrators, legendary for his whimsical work on John W.

Campbell's Unknown and Astounding Science Fiction and 800 illustrations for

The Shadow

Magazine. He also drew stories for Street & Smith's Red

Dragon and Super-Magician Comics

REST AT

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2008/12/26/artist-edd-cartier-passes-away-at-age-94/

See also http://www.scanraptor.com/hiper/ecartier2.htm

Jack

Airships rule! :headbang:

Jeff, last year while on vacation, I attended a book sale at a library where during the last hour everything went on sale for $1 for whatever you could stuff into a grocery bag.

This was part of my haul. :)

airships.jpg

Wow that's cool! I remember a number of those Time-Life series and subscribed to couple when I was a kid - the Enchanted World and the Mysteries of the Unknown. I always got so excited when a new one qould arrive. :cloud9:

You pulp fans might be interested. I didn't see it noted anywhere else on the boards.

Jack

Edward Daniel Cartier passed away on Christmas Day.

According to pulp historian Anthony Tollin, “Edd was one of the all-time

greatest pulp illustrators, legendary for his whimsical work on John W.

Campbell's Unknown and Astounding Science Fiction and 800 illustrations for

The Shadow

Magazine. He also drew stories for Street & Smith's Red

Dragon and Super-Magician Comics

REST AT

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2008/12/26/artist-edd-cartier-passes-away-at-age-94/

See also http://www.scanraptor.com/hiper/ecartier2.htm

Jack

That's sad to hear, though I have to admit I'm not really familiar with his work. :(