• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,092 posts in this topic

Allright, here's my contribution.

No half-naked ladies, sadly, but I did just pick up a pretty rare Howard item. This a copy of Marvel Tales vol. 1, no. 2, a digest-sized fanzine published in 1934 by William Crawford. It contains the first appearance of "The Garden of Fear" by REH, as well as a Frank Belknap Long story, "The Dark Beasts." This copy is interesting because the issue was printed with a 15 cent price on the cover, but it has some of government (tax?) stamp on it with 25 cents stamped over that. Maybe this one was sold in Canada? Anyway it's pretty cool and I'm excited to have found one.

MarvelTalesfcsm.jpg

MarvelTalesinto02.jpg

MarvelTalesinto01.jpg

That issue had 2 different covers as I remember. Yours and a orange cover. Nice pickup!!

Why the indecision?

Price?

Average condition?

I know next to nothing about Detective or Science Fiction pulps so I was out of my element.

I think as long as they were in above average condition, you can't go wrong on a bulk purchase.