• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,111 posts in this topic

Seeing all these Buck Rogers books reminds me of this little group shot I took a while back. The one on the right I've had for about 20 years, the other two are much newer additions (and much higher grade).

IMG_6711.JPG

With all this Amazing Stories Buck Rogers Mania going around I feel its my collectors duty to mention that my undercopy of this book is currently on E-Bay. Look under August 1928 Amazing Stories.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

I hopefuly didnt break any CGC rules for mentioning this.

Here's my copy of the first issue of Amazing Stories. Like you said, it's not rare. But it is tough to find one in high-grade. This is the best I've been able to find so far.

Amazing%252520Stories%252520Vol%2525201%252520No%2525201%252520Apr%2525201926%252520edited.jpg

Nice - interesting how Paul created the preliminary yet Gernsback was so eager he published it as is for the cover of the 1st issue.

Please keep me in mind if/when you upgrade...

Here's my copy of the first issue of Amazing Stories. Like you said, it's not rare. But it is tough to find one in high-grade. This is the best I've been able to find so far.

Amazing%252520Stories%252520Vol%2525201%252520No%2525201%252520Apr%2525201926%252520edited.jpg

Nice - interesting how Paul created the preliminary yet Gernsback was so eager he published it as is for the cover of the 1st issue.

Please keep me in mind if/when you upgrade...

I hadn't heard that story before, Steve, but it certainly explains why the cover looks so rushed. Interesting!

Since we are talking about WT hoarding right now.

I have 2 1925, and 7 1926 issues of Weird Tales up for sale ending at auction on either Friday (tomorrow) or Sunday. Higher graded then you usually ever see. My ebay user id is the same as here.

Check out my other cgc post today for the specifics.