• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

Cool pickups. I noticed HA has some books from the Larry McMurtry collection listed right now. If that is the famous author and not just someone with the same name, that would be a neat item to have in a collection.

Cool pickups. I noticed HA has some books from the Larry McMurtry collection listed right now. If that is the famous author and not just someone with the same name, that would be a neat item to have in a collection.

McMurty was a rare book dealer before he was an author and continued doing that for years after he was published. He wrote about it here http://www.amazon.com/Books-Memoir-Larry-McMurtry/dp/1416583351/ref=sr_1_38?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1461627508&sr=1-38&keywords=larry+mcmurtry

Very saucy!

Picked this up today from a friend - it's so hard to find these old pulps with decent paper, thus this is my oldest WT at the moment (I don't own any issues from the 1920's, but sure would like to).

0cfd4485-2c53-4307-9623-fcdb71e758aa_zpsfhpgyaut.jpg

Picked this up today from a friend - it's so hard to find these old pulps with decent paper, thus this is my oldest WT at the moment (I don't own any issues from the 1920's, but sure would like to).

0cfd4485-2c53-4307-9623-fcdb71e758aa_zpsfhpgyaut.jpg

Beautiful. I was watching it, but I have been spending too much lately. Glad it found a good home!

Just picked up a bunch of ultra-high grade Amazing Stories bed-sheets that showed up at Windy City. Just stunning books, the best I've ever seen. Thanks to Dwight for thinking of me and facilitating the purchase. (thumbs u

Here's one from May 1927.

K1hkJbMh.jpgTkTOmO6h.jpg

Those bedsheets are truly amazing, Todd. :applause:

Yes they are in that condition

Thanks Steve.

It really is pretty incredible to find a batch of these in such high grade. You just never see them like this.

Feb 1928 (what I like to call the Death Star cover)

wyq7YL4h.jpg7sh4WCph.jpg

Those bedsheets are truly amazing, Todd. :applause:

Yes they are in that condition

Thanks Steve.

It really is pretty incredible to find a batch of these in such high grade. You just never see them like this.

wyq7YL4h.jpg7sh4WCph.jpg

wow - love me some bedsheets, but this one is just WOW

wyq7YL4h.jpg7sh4WCph.jpg

Dang! That is nice (thumbs u

Super great Todd - don't own it, but here's 1921 prototype...

ScienceAndInvention1921-04.jpg

Very interesting, Pat. I've never seen that issue before. Science and Invention was another Gernsback publication, so they certainly knew about that cover when they did the newer Amazing Stories one.