• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,101 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RedFury said:

Just got this early 6th issue of Detective Tales from March 1923.  It looks a lot like the 1st issue of Weird Tales because it was from the same publisher, the same month, and by the same cover artist (R.R. Epperly).

yQ52n4th.jpgDdaXa5wh.jpg

Very cool, Todd.

I wish that I could acquire decent copies of early Weird Tales for my collection, I just haven't run across them and the very few I have seen were beat to all hell.

7 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Very cool, Todd.

I wish that I could acquire decent copies of early Weird Tales for my collection, I just haven't run across them and the very few I have seen were beat to all hell.

Hi Steve,

Yeah,  they're tough.  I'm still missing Weird Tales #1-3 and #7-9.  The #1 I posted above isn't mine, I just used it for comparison.  

On 5/21/2017 at 5:28 AM, RedFury said:

Hi Steve,

Yeah,  they're tough.  I'm still missing Weird Tales #1-3 and #7-9.  The #1 I posted above isn't mine, I just used it for comparison.  

I'm not trying to put a run together, just looking for a few solid representative examples... so tough.

14 hours ago, sacentaur said:

I'm not trying to put a run together, just looking for a few solid representative examples... so tough.

Yes, the first few years of Weird Tales are very tough.  I've been fortunate (right place, right time) to have found the ones I have.

5 hours ago, RyanH said:

Buying this pulp sort of softened my chances of winning some of the Berk comics, but I could not pass this one up.  Great lingerie "Betty and Veronica" knife fight cover by H.J.Ward and very in high grade.  High on my wantlist for sometime now!

$_57.JPG

pulp45fiction3.jpg

That is a gorgeous book!!!  Love the cover!

8 hours ago, RyanH said:

Buying this pulp sort of softened my chances of winning some of the Berk comics, but I could not pass this one up.  Great lingerie "Betty and Veronica" knife fight cover by H.J.Ward and very in high grade.  High on my wantlist for sometime now!

$_57.JPG

pulp45fiction3.jpg

Awesome consolation prize! I can't ever get enough Spicys. Speaking of Jon Berk, kinda surprised he didn't have pulps in his collection...