• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,109 posts in this topic

A fairly minor pickup. The cover is a reprint, but a Brundage Weird Tales cover is a Brundage Weird Tales cover.  And I actually really like the cameo effect the used on this one compared to the original.  Also a Howard reprint, and I can't complain about another Weird Tales with a REH story in the collection, either.

Weird_Tales_1953_11.jpg

On 3/9/2018 at 6:00 PM, RedFury said:

I have a few pulps with the Hamilton-Brackett stamp.  I believe it means they were from their personal library.  Here's Planet Stories #1.

And I just got in a book with the stamp in today.  Beautiful book, and it gives me both parts of "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward":

Weird_Tales_1941_05.jpg

On 3/9/2018 at 2:49 PM, OtherEric said:

The first thought is that Edmond Hamilton and Leigh Brackett were a husband and wife who were both prolific and well regarded writers who did much of their work for the pulps.  How that connects to the stamp I don't know for certain, but there are obvious guesses to be made.

A quick check suggests neither of them had a story in that issue, however.

Very cool.  Leigh was not only an early sci-fi author but was also the screenwriter/story collaborator for Howard Hawks' post WWII pictures.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:36 AM, OtherEric said:

And I just got in a book with the stamp in today.  Beautiful book, and it gives me both parts of "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward":

Weird_Tales_1941_05.jpg

"The Case Of Charles Dexter Ward" :x

GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

12 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Very cool.  Leigh was not only an early sci-fi author but was also the screenwriter/story collaborator for Howard Hawks' post WWII pictures.

And she wrote the first draft of The Empire Strikes Back!

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Anybody other than probably RedFury ping to the Windy City Pulp show? Would love to go someday. Since a lot of us can’t make it, sure would be nice to see a little report with maybe a few photos. Pretty please?  :wishluck:

If you open th link in the Leader's report in the SA Forum.... and then go to the top left and hit the link "The Leader's Chronicles", it has the archive of ALL his reports and articles..... among them are links to a couple of those Pulpfests...... it will take a little searching, but oh what a search it will be. GOD BLESS....

wFLzhPS.jpg

These next couple will probably be rather pedestrian to the advanced tastes of the typical threadweller in this region..... but I'm sure most of you at least cut your teeth on the labors of this wordsmith.... GOD BLESS....

NMrqaUw.jpg

BA7AAbI.jpg

MZxmFhL.jpg

10 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Anybody other than probably RedFury ping to the Windy City Pulp show? Would love to go someday. Since a lot of us can’t make it, sure would be nice to see a little report with maybe a few photos. Pretty please?  :wishluck:

I wish I was going, but alas, no.  I am planning to go to Pulpfest in Pittsburgh in July though. (thumbsu

20 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Yes Please!!!

11 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

These next couple will probably be rather pedestrian to the advanced tastes of the typical threadweller in this region..... but I'm sure most of you at least cut your teeth on the labors of this wordsmith.... GOD BLESS....

MZxmFhL.jpg

I always loved this cover.