• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,111 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, detective35 said:

Not that I am greedy, but here are three ‘copies of “The CIme Oracle” from my personal Shadow collection.

Dwight

5A6B60A7-94CC-4966-95B9-AA942F18E370.jpeg

A9166FE7-CA96-4DE2-97DF-A76AB39F041A.jpeg

AMAZING...never saw that one before......thanks for posting

On 8/11/2018 at 11:13 AM, RedFury said:

Here's 8 of the 14 original Green Lama issues of Double Detective from 1940-41, including his 1st appearance in the April 1940 issue.  His 1st appearance in comics was later that year with the December 1940 issue of Prize Comics #7.

d2w5Gz8l.jpgXxTqArtl.jpgMt6NsRzl.jpgm8Ptz0Zl.jpgQrkIwuql.jpg6NjV9WVl.jpgg4iWzt6l.jpg3N4iBPtl.jpg

That’s been another difficult title for me. I’ve been looking forever for this issue.

49FFDBED-254F-4C96-BF1D-039D0B40B3C9.jpeg.ec67ec8321c695694224023c3207355a.jpeg

Not a Green Lama cover but currently at the top of my want list. Stupidly missed out on the above copy on eBay this past June. Some of the most “minor” pulps are tough...:pullhair:

12 hours ago, N e r V said:

That’s been another difficult title for me. I’ve been looking forever for this issue.

49FFDBED-254F-4C96-BF1D-039D0B40B3C9.jpeg.ec67ec8321c695694224023c3207355a.jpeg

Not a Green Lama cover but currently at the top of my want list. Stupidly missed out on the above copy on eBay this past June. Some of the most “minor” pulps are tough...:pullhair:

Yeah, that's a great cover that I'm looking for too.  Hopefully there's enough to go around!  :)

2 hours ago, Fantastic Thor said:

Found this beauty just recently 

Dont know much about pulps but I have liked this cover for a while. 

Weird tales november 1941 

V36 #2

20180815_211142.jpg

Well, if nothing else your posting it right after my post is perfect timing; we wound up with two consecutive issues in order.  The cover artist on your book is the amazing Hannes Bok.  I still need a copy of this issue one of these years, as you say it's a beauty.

Let's go for 3 consecutive issues; I've posted this one before but it's too fitting not to show it again:

Weird_Tales_1942_01.jpg

Next to last issue of the classic run.  Most notable story is "The Survivor", by August Derlith and H. P. Lovecraft, at least in theory.  Most experts don't consider the Derlith/ Lovecraft "posthumous collaborations" to be Lovecraft in any real sense; although this one seems to have more of a claim to legitimacy than most.

Weird_Tales_1954_07.jpg

"The Lamp of Alhazred” was a nice tribute by him. The problem was August was a very sane writer but H.P. was clearly lacking that sanity in his original writings which is why they were so exceptional. Like Poe before him you need to be more than a little off to write great horror. The genre simply doesn’t work well with those who still own all their marbles...

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

"The Lamp of Alhazred” was a nice tribute by him. The problem was August was a very sane writer but H.P. was clearly lacking that sanity in his original writings which is why they were so exceptional. Like Poe before him you need to be more than a little off to write great horror. The genre simply doesn’t work well with those who still own all their marbles...

My favorite work of Derleth's is the Solar Pons stories, actually.  I haven't read that much of his mythos work.

37 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

My favorite work of Derleth's is the Solar Pons stories, actually.  I haven't read that much of his mythos work.

On 8/15/2018 at 10:26 AM, OtherEric said:

For some reason the colors are really muted on this scan, but I figured I would post it anyway. One of my favorites among the handful of late Brundage covers; quite happy to get a copy:

Weird_Tales_1941_09.jpg

Well you already posted the pulp above with the first Mythos story...hm