• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,042 posts in this topic

A whole lot of high grade Weird Tales and many others in the Heritage Auction beginning at the end of April. Curious to see what the VF/NM "Queen of the Black Coast" reaches... I doubt I'll win it. but I may have to make someone work for it. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 4/11/2021 at 11:30 PM, asimovpulps said:

Two treasures from a weekend pulp hunt in the real world. Definitely wasn't expecting to add these to the collection any time soon, let alone in the same day. Both dinged up (missing back covers), but no complaints from me.

Weird Tales December 1932 - first Conan story by Robert E Howard

Amazing Stories September 1927 - A Colour Out of Space by Lovecraft

PXL_20210412_024257526.thumb.jpg.aa4a9b837e344136e7e60eed906a2a16.jpg

PXL_20210412_024853802.thumb.jpg.b4af4a5c0b66cb054352259c88a4b11a.jpg

It's pretty amazing you found those in the wild.  Congrats!

1 minute ago, RedFury said:

Cool!  They all look like nice copies, too. 

They really are.  I think the Argosies are ultimately from that collection I was grabbing at the LCS last year, no idea where the Star Detective turned up.  Always fun to see the Goodman pulps, I've only got a handful.

11 minutes ago, sagii said:

Thanks!

Yeah, I count maybe 7 or so (couple in the Argosy title, Shadow, Dynamic and.this one)

I wasn't aware there was a Shadow with a Hitler cover, which issue is it?

On 11/9/2020 at 1:36 PM, RedFury said:

I have a couple of Weird Tales in the original subscription mailers.  What I did was take the pulp out of the mailer and put it in a mylite 2 with full back board, as usual, and then slip the mailer on the other side of the full back board.  That way they're together in the mylite, but not touching.

Have you posted a photo of the subscription mailers?