I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
22 22

6,393 posts in this topic

18,173 posts
49 minutes ago, rjpb said:

Picked these up recently. I've always like villain pulps, but haven't owned any for a while. The PQ is nicer than any other pulps I've owned. The pages look new. Spines are also unfaded and complete.

ScorpionPulp001.thumb.jpg.873fe8205c8a8e33ec86179bda181366.jpgOctopusPulp001.thumb.jpg.86b2c5914c40c67772ea76736d004d06.jpg

 

 

I have never been lucky enough to find any copies of either of that title. The Octopus is especially compelling. Great snag!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,940 posts
1 hour ago, rjpb said:

Picked these up recently. I've always like villain pulps, but haven't owned any for a while. The PQ is nicer than any other pulps I've owned. The pages look new. Spines are also unfaded and complete.

ScorpionPulp001.thumb.jpg.873fe8205c8a8e33ec86179bda181366.jpgOctopusPulp001.thumb.jpg.86b2c5914c40c67772ea76736d004d06.jpg

 

 

Very nice!  They do look nicer than most copies I've seen.

I love these villain books.  I've got these two, and most of the Wu Fangs and Dr Yen Sins as well.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,940 posts
27 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Damn, Red. You got a time machine you’re not telling us about?  :roflmao:

I wish, haha.  In this case Dwight was looking out for me and called me from the Chicago show.  Ended up with 9 ultra high grade beauties like this one.  The March 1936 issue I posted a few days ago is from the same batch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,534 posts
14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Jeeze Pop, such nice color. Great cover and looks like it was printed yesterday!

Thanks, Robot Man. Being the crazy little generalist I am, I really don't seek out runs, and instead grab a few representative examples - more of a type collection. It'll look nice when propped up next to an example of each of the Spider, Doc, the Shadow, the Avenger, Operator 5, G-8, Dusty, etc. as I am sometimes prone to doing... you know, when you walk into the room and are ambushed by an intimidating assault of color??  :cloud9:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,248 posts

Kelly Freas

955212583_sci-fi1959.thumb.jpg.f2df8c30cb360be5ca3c0086fe6f1146.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,173 posts

Any lucky boardie get this last night? I thought I had bid to the moon on something so obscure that no one else would recognize it but guess I was wrong. Rangeland Romances premium pin.

rangelandromancespin.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,248 posts
4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Any lucky boardie get this last night? I thought I had bid to the moon on something so obscure that no one else would recognize it but guess I was wrong. Rangeland Romances premium pin.

rangelandromancespin.jpg

I'm dumb when it comes to stuff like that is why i enjoy your knowledge here on the boards :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,940 posts
58 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Any lucky boardie get this last night? I thought I had bid to the moon on something so obscure that no one else would recognize it but guess I was wrong. Rangeland Romances premium pin.

rangelandromancespin.jpg

Not me, I wouldn't have known what it was either. Very cool, though!  Thanks for posting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,756 posts

It looks like two weeks ago the listing expired with no bidders on a $35 starting bid, and then later sells for $179. You have to love ebay, bargains and missed opportunities for bargains slip through all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,173 posts
23 hours ago, rjpb said:

It looks like two weeks ago the listing expired with no bidders on a $35 starting bid, and then later sells for $179. You have to love ebay, bargains and missed opportunities for bargains slip through all the time. 

Man, I never saw the first listing or I might have had a great bargain. Looks, like a real serious and deep pocketed collector saw it the same time as I did on the relist. Probably won't be one I see again if at least for a long time...:sorry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,173 posts

Mail call today. Picked up this cool one on the bay. GGA and a holiday cover made me jump all over it. I only have a few of these Peps and this is the best cover of the bunch. Pretty risque stuff. Sexy stories and nudie photos. Like the Playboy of the Depression era. Funny thing, it was published by Harry Donenfeld a few years before he discovered he could make a little extra dough in the comic book biz...

pulppep10:33.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,940 posts
21 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Mail call today. Picked up this cool one on the bay. GGA and a holiday cover made me jump all over it. I only have a few of these Peps and this is the best cover of the bunch. Pretty risque stuff. Sexy stories and nudie photos. Like the Playboy of the Depression era. Funny thing, it was published by Harry Donenfeld a few years before he discovered he could make a little extra dough in the comic book biz...

pulppep10:33.jpg

Wow, that's a great Thanksgiving cover.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,248 posts
Just now, RedFury said:

Wow, that's a great Thanksgiving cover.  

Lots to be thankful on that cover :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,525 posts

Ok, I've been buying some trashy pulps from the 50-60's. Want to bump this thread and see if this kind of stuff would work here.  I have some in hand and more on the way!  :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
22 22