I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
27 27

6,947 posts in this topic

18,857 posts

Nice haul, even if this was back in the 1970s, $5 a pop was cheap for pulps like that. 

25,627 posts

My first reaction was Wilma Deering. Probably too obvious and the helmet doesn't match the comics I believe.

12,513 posts
14 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

My first reaction was Wilma Deering. Probably too obvious and the helmet doesn't match the comics I believe.

I thought of her too, Michael.  I actually haven't even opened that one up - the answer may lie on the inside.  But it sure looks like her.

buck1_2.jpg

1,902 posts
3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

That is true. But I was first on the load. Just didn't know any better. It was early on in my collecting career and funds were limited. So I grabbed the ones I wanted the most without a whole of thought to the ones I didn't. Believe me, I went home happy. Here are some of the ones I got.

pulpstrangetales.jpg

Finding books like this is at a fin is a major score, even back then as has been suggested. Some really classic pulps here. (thumbsu

An old collector explained to me once, something to this effect: a storeowner who buys a suit for $20 and sells it for a $100 when the next guy through the door might've paid $120 is a sorry lot indeed if he focuses on the $20 he thinks he lost rather than the $80 he just made.  :preach:

1,902 posts
5 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

I have this issue of Destiny, published by Jim Bradley and Malcolm Willits (a name some of you may recognize). 

Which just so happens to be marked "property of Hannes Bok!!!"  Super cool! (thumbsu

2,221 posts
1 minute ago, PopKulture said:

Which just so happens to be marked "property of Hannes Bok!!!"  Super cool! (thumbsu

That was what caught my eye as well.  Just amazing.

12,513 posts
22 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

I have this issue of Destiny, published by Jim Bradley and Malcolm Willits (a name some of you may recognize). 

Now that is cool, Steve!  Love that cover and the Hannes Bok stamp is extra special like others said.

17,540 posts

Some cover Nazi skull  and all :headbang:

pulpgman2.jpg

29 posts
4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

That is true. But I was first on the load. Just didn't know any better. It was early on in my collecting career and funds were limited. So I grabbed the ones I wanted the most without a whole of thought to the ones I didn't. Believe me, I went home happy. Here are some of the ones I got.

pulpstrangetales.jpg

pulpspider1.jpg

pulpstrangestories.jpg

pulpweirdtales9:33.jpg

pulpthrillingmystery2.jpg

pulpgman2.jpg

pulpdimemystery1.jpg

You did very well my friend!

17,540 posts
4 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

A recent purchase. I need to get a bookshelf that properly displays these. Comic boxes just don’t feel right. 

EECA7A32-DC57-4934-B989-7A81E44DED68.jpeg

The wrong woman has the red dress but i still like it 

20,488 posts
2 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Finding books like this is at a fin is a major score, even back then as has been suggested. Some really classic pulps here. (thumbsu

An old collector explained to me once, something to this effect: a storeowner who buys a suit for $20 and sells it for a $100 when the next guy through the door might've paid $120 is a sorry lot indeed if he focuses on the $20 he thinks he lost rather than the $80 he just made.  :preach:

Oh, I’m not complaining. I was over the moon to get these with first pick. I probably got 20-25. Best pulp load I’ve ever seen in the wild. 

1,902 posts
1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Oh, I’m not complaining. I was over the moon to get these with first pick. I probably got 20-25. Best pulp load I’ve ever seen in the wild. 

Yeah, they're outstanding. The only pulps I see with any frequency these days are Railroad Stories. I don't even see Ranch Romances anymore. I found a really nice Spider a few years ago, asked how much, and the guy told me $50.  :/

Thing is, it was in nice enough shape I still bought it.  It would've been a nicer pill to swallow at five bucks, of course. :whistle: