• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,006 posts in this topic

Just now, sagii said:

May as well keep it going: When @OtherEric mentioned this one the other day, i didn't want to say i had one until it arrived in hand.

Mail call!!

Doc Savage (January, 1945).jpg

I'm secretly wanting one of these as well …. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

July 1937 Spicy Mystery

This was actually pressed and the result was fantastic. Bright, glossy and clean.  

4565BFFF-EB13-4E1C-93B3-234A0F574D06.jpeg

That's beautiful Rick.... I'd be scared to death to press a pulp. Did you do the work yourself or did you trust someone ? GOD BLESS...

The word balloon for this one would read, "No, No !! … Go to DG and buy your own panty hose!" 

Edited by jimjum12

5 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

That's beautiful Rick.... I'd be scared to death to press a pulp. Did you do the work yourself or did you trust someone ? GOD BLESS...

The word balloon for this one would read, "No, No !! … Go to DG and buy your own panty hose!" 

Sent to someone I know who does it.  Really great result but the book has to be solid to start.  

6 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Those remind me of "G-8 and his Battle Aces" … those have some cool colorful covers as well. Payette has most of the run of G-8 on his website, many are high grade John McLaughlin copies. He doesn't list images, but is an excellent grader and accepts returns with no hassle. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesius)(thumbsu

… just received this from Dave Smith of Fantasy Illustrated.... I expected this to be on my want list for a long time, people who have them usually don't want to sell....

DSCN0164.JPG

Love me some Saucy Movie Tails.

32 minutes ago, RedFury said:

I just added the original Black Destroyer pulp to the collection, the July 1939 Astounding.  Isaac Asimov considered Black Destroyer to be the beginning of the Golden Age of Science Fiction.

k2NbRH1h.jpg

One of Asimov's more endearing traits was his modesty in regards to his own work.  There are TWO reasons that issue gets flagged as the start of the Golden Age of SF... and Asimov's first story in Astounding is the other one.  (Well, that and the 3-4 followup on Heinlein's first story in the next issue and Sturgeon's the month after.)

Another example was when he did an introduction for the best of Stanley G. Weinbaum, and he called out the fact that, in the poll of best SF stories written before the Nebula awards began, Weinbaum actually came in 2nd place among all the writers, I believe with "A Martian Odyssey".  But Asimov never mentions the story that came in first...

19_Astounding_1941_09.jpg