• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you use to track your comics?

77 posts in this topic

I use ComicBase. It programmed in Access and has a weekly download of all the new comics that came out. It lists artist, story line, price, etc for most of the comics available. It also has CBG values for all comics in the database.

It has a lot of untapped potential for generating reports and I think it could allow a lot more customization, but then again, I've not emailed off what I'd like it to do so maybe Atomic Avenue would do it if I asked. Generating new reports in Access is easy.

It also has an internet search function that allows you to see what is available for sale on Atomic Avenue. But you can't search according to grade so no looking just for CGC books.

Overall, it's got a lot to offer over an excel spreadsheet and the weekly download lets me know if I missed something at the LCS.

I use Collectorz and then upload it's data to an SQL database on my webserver. I then wrote a search engine for my collection using PHP that lets me search my collection using a variety of criteria, and view front and back scans for all my books...all from my website. I recently wrote a more phone-friendly version of the search page so I can search and view scans from my cellphone as well (comes in really handy at cons or when I unexpectedly happen across some books).

Same here - Collectorz, and then parse the XML data onto my server. Nothing beats being able to use your iphone to search through your collection when you're at a show.

Just wish they had a mac version, so I wouldn't have to run their program in Parallels on my laptop :(

Looks like a job instead of a hobby. :baiting:

Some of you guys are way to anal. Just buy and put away, then be surprised of what you have later down the line :shy:

Sorry, I don't mean to be anal here.......but the proper word is "too."

lol

Pen and Paper!!! Old School!!! :sumo::headbang:

(thumbs u

scan0001-3.jpg

No prize to anyone who can figure out what title this is. :headbang:

I was going to guess Superman, but it change to Adventures of Superman after issue 423?

I use ComicBase and love it. I did spring for the Archive Edition too, though, so I've got tons of pics which I love.

I also use comic base "Archive Edition" and use the CGC registry to keep trake of my slaps!

I'd rather not keep track of slaps or any other type of beatings...

Pen and paper is where it's at; my paper of choice is a Moleskine Reporter Notebook. Fits in my pocket for shows and doesn't get as beat as single sheets of paper.

moleskine_1985_7439028.jpg

(thumbs u

Crossing off numbers of books you buy is part of the whole comic ritual!!! That and smelling the book!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Pen and Paper!!! Old School!!! :sumo::headbang:

(thumbs u

scan0001-3.jpg

No prize to anyone who can figure out what title this is. :headbang:

X-Men.

X-men Ended at 422? :makepoint:(shrug)

Sgt. Rock?

^^:banana:

Scully & Scully executive note pad, red leather ~ oxblood; because I'm fancy like that. No.2 pencil because I'm salt of the earth too. Gotta mix it up, keep em guessing.