• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you use to track your comics?

77 posts in this topic

I know this is like the billionth time this question is asked..

I've seen Comic Collector Live and it seems clunky.. also, I'm not sure I'm 100% comfortable having it displayed on the net.

Does anyone use Excel or Access?

Also, I've heard about ComicBase and some other programs, but are they worth it?

And please tell me if you use something that I haven't thought of.

Thanks so much! :hi:

I use Comic Collector Live - I have found it very easy to use and the folks keep tweaking it making it better and better. I find myself looking forward to new releases to see what they have tweaked for the better each time. I have also exported the data to a new PC and it was very easy. I do not use it for selling purposes

I use Collectorz and then upload it's data to an SQL database on my webserver. I then wrote a search engine for my collection using PHP that lets me search my collection using a variety of criteria, and view front and back scans for all my books...all from my website. I recently wrote a more phone-friendly version of the search page so I can search and view scans from my cellphone as well (comes in really handy at cons or when I unexpectedly happen across some books).

I use Collectorz and then upload it's data to an SQL database on my webserver. I then wrote a search engine for my collection using PHP that lets me search my collection using a variety of criteria, and view front and back scans for all my books...all from my website. I recently wrote a more phone-friendly version of the search page so I can search and view scans from my cellphone as well (comes in really handy at cons or when I unexpectedly happen across some books).

Anybody can do that. zzz

:baiting:

Anybody can do that. zzz

:baiting:

^^

My brain is the only thing I use to track my books......seems to have always worked out the best for me.

I used to be that way. However, once you have bought and sold a couple or three copies of the same book it all turns to sh*t. That is one reason I switched to Northland X-Men. I can't double purchase. :insane: