• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you use to track your comics?

77 posts in this topic

I entered in a large chunk of books into Comic Collector Live.

It's not a bad system. The only big downside I have with it is the form of grading that they have. I want to be able to just enter a grade and not have to go through 12 questions to determine a grade that turns out to be wrong.

It's not a bad system. The only big downside I have with it is the form of grading that they have. I want to be able to just enter a grade and not have to go through 12 questions to determine a grade that turns out to be wrong.

Then you might like nostomania.com. (No, I don't work for them)

I started off with an OLD SCHOOL spreadsheet on tablets that I bought from a guy who also sold plastic dividers. The pages allow you to track issue numbers from 1-400 and a different pad allowed for from 401-800. In order to "copy protect" it he made a couple of intentional errors.

Around 2000 I bought ComicBase and started the process of converting. I found in clunky and did not like the values he assigned based upon the grades so i tried to modify that. Eventually I gave up and just keep using the paper. I also try to keep my books stored in order so i can recheck by looking to see what I have.

For my Four Color's I devised an Excell spreadsheet where I can fit all 1300+ issues on 2 pages and then have modified it to automatically track how many issues I have by either Hundred ( first 2 digits) or by last 2 digits of issue number.

While helping my daughter in her statistics class earlier this year, I further modified it to preform mean and standard deviations on each of those trackings. I have an average of 43.31 book for each hundred run with a low of 17 under 100 and a high of 70 of the 1000 set ( both of those being within 2 standard deviations of the average). By issue number I have an average of 5.7 of each with a high of 10 for each xx29 and xx50, and a low of only 1 for an issue ending with 83. Both of those are more that 2 std dev away from the average.

I now have to go home and learn about Type I and Type II errors with respect to testing the Null Hypothesis at an X% significance level so I can explain it how to calculate them to her.

WHAT BRONZE AGE SAID! OLD SCHOOL!

I find it endlessly amusing to see folks at the three day cons feverishly texting their little pocket computers, trying to update their database with the 175 fifty cent books they just snagged off the floorful of longboxes, while I reach into my back pocket, pull out my list and tick my buys off with a pen. Heh, I never have to worry about recharging either, LOLOL

Then you might like nostomania.com. (No, I don't work for them)

Unless they've added scans of every book and cool sorting features then no... I've used them in the past

I created my own database. I keep track of everything... lol

I have my own forms, reports, queries, etc ...it's always being developed further and further... It's almost like a hobby :insane:

Main.jpg

Main2.jpg

Main3.jpg

While helping my daughter in her statistics class earlier this year, I further modified it to preform mean and standard deviations on each of those trackings. I have an average of 43.31 book for each hundred run with a low of 17 under 100 and a high of 70 of the 1000 set ( both of those being within 2 standard deviations of the average). By issue number I have an average of 5.7 of each with a high of 10 for each xx29 and xx50, and a low of only 1 for an issue ending with 83.

I'm somewhat out of my depth here, but it seems to me that, when reducing the perturbative uncertainty in the determination of Vub from semileptonic Beta decays, one must calculate the rate of Beta events with a standard dilepton invariant mass at a subleading order in the hybrid expansion. JMG3637s' error, as I see it, was omitting that easily overlooked mathematical transformation and, therefore, acquiring incorrectly re-summed logarithmic corrections for the b-quark mass. Obviously, such a miscalculation will result in a precision of less than 25 percent in predicting the resulting path of the tau lepton once the value for any given decaying tau neutrino is determined.