• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your first comic?

311 posts in this topic

1st comic I ever owned: Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man #171 with the Puma on the cover. Bought it with some money I earned while being an altar boy for a wedding.

The first comics that made me fall in love with comics though... little more tricky to pin down. I seem to recall my brothers getting a package of Marvel Comics for Christmas back when I was much younger. I think it had some mid-80s ASM, some Uncanny X-Men, a Squadron Supreme mini-Series issues or two, the last issue of the Nightcrawler mini-series, a Power Pack ish, and maybe a few others. But yeah... those kick started my brothers collections and got me interested in stealing their comics to read. :)

Cant remember the exact issue but it would have been an early Iron Man Comic.

It was around 1968 or 69 I was not able to read yet I would have been 4 or 5 at the time.

But I do have a vivid memory of lying face up on my home made bed my dad had built.. the bright colors and action of the comic, seeing Iron Man flying with his jet boots and blasting things with his repulsor rays. It started me on a lifetime love of comics. It is interesting that I was never a huge Fan Of Iron Man. But it is the Hero I remember that got me started!

Hard to say as I started buying comics from 7-Eleven in the early 80s...I was dabbling in SA by 1985-ish though as I recall buying an X-Men #6 for $10 and also had an X-Men #10, FFs 30,33,38....My first cool SA book that hooked me was an FF #8 that I traded like 10 other SA books for at a small hotel show in junior high :cool:

1st comic I remember owning and reading was Cap #102, handed down from my then-teenage uncle. But, because I got it second-hand (and, it was reprinted a few years later in Marvel Super Action) I'm really not sure when it was :shrug:

The first comics I can remember reading were the Harvey Felix's Nephews Inky & Dinky.The first comics I can recall buying were the Dell Cicero's Cat #1 and #2 in the summer of 1959.

The first superhero comic I distinctly remember reading was the Archie Adventures of the Fly #11 in 1961. The first DC superhero comic I can specifically remember reading was Green Lantern #11. The first superhero comic I ever bought was Justice League #14 in 1962.

They had a lifelong influence on me.

:cool: